LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 298 users in the forums

Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

He will fall a lot. Hip surgery is serious. He may never be the same again.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Good decision.
He had no business coming back to Bama.
Next year, Lawrence and Justin Field will be in the draft. He could have been the third QB chosen.
Tua had nothing else to prove in College and this year apart from Burrow, no QB can touch him.
Without the hip he could have been the first pick even with Burrow´s historical season.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Good decision.
He had no business coming back to Bama.
Next year, Lawrence and Justin Field will be in the draft. He could have been the third QB chosen.
Tua had nothing else to prove in College and this year apart from Burrow, no QB can touch him.
Without the hip he could have been the first pick even with Burrow´s historical season.

Without the hip problem, he would have only spent 0.00t second making the decision to declare. Right now not sure that you can say that no qb aside from Burrow can touch him. He is walking on crutches. A couple of commentators were speculating that he would not be able to demonstrate that he had made a full recovery prior to the draft.

Baalke would have picked him.
Baalke would not draft a qb who can throw
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Remember it was Baalke that reportedly wanted Dalton and Harbaugh that wanted Kaepernick.
The dude is hurt every 3 games. I wouldn't invest a first overall pick in a guy made of glass coming off of a serious hip injury.
Man, I love Tua, but holy crap does he volatile future in front of him. If he returns from this injury, he is a special talent, and is a legitimate FQB. If there are complications, it could be disastrous. I have no idea what to expect with this guy.

I do agree with DaBeegDeek though, it's not like this hip injury was an aberration. The guy has been banged up a lot. For someone that's pretty small, it is a concern.

I have no idea where he'll go in the draft.
Pdizo should be rooting for his Squealers to pick up Tua and let him healed up and learn behind Rottlessburger for a year or two.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Remember it was Baalke that reportedly wanted Dalton and Harbaugh that wanted Kaepernick.

I've tried to fine that article hundreds of times but never could. I also heard the same thing too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theduke85:
Man, I love Tua, but holy crap does he volatile future in front of him. If he returns from this injury, he is a special talent, and is a legitimate FQB. If there are complications, it could be disastrous. I have no idea what to expect with this guy.

I do agree with DaBeegDeek though, it's not like this hip injury was an aberration. The guy has been banged up a lot. For someone that's pretty small, it is a concern.

I have no idea where he'll go in the draft.

Tua is a lot bigger or the same (height and weight) as the recent young stars in Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. Some guys just have s**tty luck with injuries, see Andrew Luck.

So did they say if his hip injury was on par with Bo Jackson's or worse?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So did they say if his hip injury was on par with Bo Jackson's or worse?
It was the same injury, but the situation isn't as bad for Tua. Here's an explanation:

So, what made Jackson's injury so life-changing? The multi-sport star suffered from Avascular necrosis or AVN in the aftermath of his dislocation and fracture.

"What can happen with the dislocation is that blood vessels will either tear or they'll be placed on stretch for so long that the bone itself will lose its blood supply and that will cause death of the bone," Banffy said. "If you get it reduced right away, the idea is that will minimize the risk. But this is still something that you have to watch and it might not even present itself for a couple of months, similar to the way it did with Bo Jackson."

The statement released by Alabama's team orthopedist Saturday night stated the hip was reduced at the stadium before being transported to St. Vincent's in Birmingham. Reducing a hip means putting it back in socket.

This issue will be monitored in the coming months via MRIs.

With Jackson's case, he developed premature arthritis, which led to a full hip replacement and the end of his NFL career.
Won't transition to the Pro's. Too long developing of a motion but Bama QB's just don't ever transition to the pros. Never have and I don't see that changing anytime soon
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Gonna end up a Patriot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:
Gonna end up a Patriot.

I think he'll go to Miami with Miami picking up Mariota.
Share 49ersWebzone