There are 211 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

I think after this weeks mumbo jumbo with the Bama and OSU pro days, it's proof that Lynch and Co are trying to find a trade down partner and still land their guy Josh Allen. The best thing that could happen for us is for Bosa to be drafted #1 overall and then let the bidding wars commence for the #2 spot.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
After traveling to Alabama and Ohio State to meet with Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa, #49ers GM John Lynch and VP of player personnel Adam Peters will not be going to Kentucky on Friday to visit Josh Allen. They are likely to catch up with him later.
https://t.co/trT7oafvGn

That's just the way it is.

What does this mean

We're giving Allen the McGlinchy treatment.
Originally posted by strickac:
After traveling to Alabama and Ohio State to meet with Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa, #49ers GM John Lynch and VP of player personnel Adam Peters will not be going to Kentucky on Friday to visit Josh Allen. They are likely to catch up with him later.

What does this mean

Or Q/Bosa getting Foster treatment?

What does this mean

But did McGlinchey catch indirect fire from Saleh?
Originally posted by KamLeon:
I think after this weeks mumbo jumbo with the Bama and OSU pro days, it's proof that Lynch and Co are trying to find a trade down partner and still land their guy Josh Allen. The best thing that could happen for us is for Bosa to be drafted #1 overall and then let the bidding wars commence for the #2 spot.

If Bosa goes first, their is no chance in hell they get Allen if they trade back. Jets and Raiders both would take QW or Josh.
Originally posted by zonkers:

What does this mean

The senior bowl was definitely a missed opportunity for Allen.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
You're right, I made up my mind a long time ago about Allen. You don't take a Sam linebacker at #2 unless they grade out athletically once a generation special and he wasn't. He might well end up the best player out of all of them, but that's just the way it is.

Chip Kelly always said that he would never accept an answer like "That's just the way it is."

Well Chip is probably a lot smarter than me. It's just a concise way of me saying #2 picks are for foundational positions that franchises are built around, not Sam linebackers. Unless of course you think he's the next von miller, which I'm not seeing on tape.

You seem pretty hard up on that "sam" position title. Would it make you feel better if he's a "leo" that can also play "sam"? Or how about what he really is which is an "edge" that can play either spot?

We went to his pro-day
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by zonkers:

What does this mean

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by KamLeon:

If Bosa goes first, their is no chance in hell they get Allen if they trade back. Jets and Raiders both would take QW or Josh.

Unless it was the raiders that we traded with.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
You're right, I made up my mind a long time ago about Allen. You don't take a Sam linebacker at #2 unless they grade out athletically once a generation special and he wasn't. He might well end up the best player out of all of them, but that's just the way it is.

Chip Kelly always said that he would never accept an answer like "That's just the way it is."

Well Chip is probably a lot smarter than me. It's just a concise way of me saying #2 picks are for foundational positions that franchises are built around, not Sam linebackers. Unless of course you think he's the next von miller, which I'm not seeing on tape.

You seem pretty hard up on that "sam" position title. Would it make you feel better if he's a "leo" that can also play "sam"? Or how about what he really is which is an "edge" that can play either spot?

We just paid 87 million for one of those.
We just paid 87 million for one of those.

we actually paid one yr $20 million if we really don't want him after next yr ($14.6 million cap hit this yr). Also we paid him to rush the passer. The SAM position in BASE is basically the least important role on defense.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I seriously doubt it. His top 5 pick status was already cemented. He had more to lose than to gain by going to the senior bowl.
I like him better than Bosa and Williams

Gonna be a bummer when we pass him for one of the 2
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

What does this mean

Smoke screen.

That's what I'm thinking
Share 49ersWebzone