C.J. Beathard QB Iowa

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
Noodle Arm

no.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Why the panic?

Probably because most assumed he'd be around at the end of day 3. TBH I was expecting that pick to be Peterman. But, I guess Beathard was on their short list and they felt that was the right time to pull the trigger.
Footwork looks slow, feet aren't very active...after his initial drop his legs kind of die. He's got the hitch step down and he's got a good arm, which will only improve with improved footwork. Seems like a bit of a reach, but who knows. Worst case scenario, he gives Shannahan a project.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow after a long two hours in traffic I come home and find Beathard NOT Peterman.

Well like I said, I'd support any QB Shanahan took. So I'm good with Beathard.

LMFAO this dude was as far from a Mahomes, Watson or Kizer. All this talk and hype about those QB's for nothing. Pocket QB, like I've wanted all along.

I remember a poster saying that he disagrees with me the most on QB's. lol smh
We need more tape on this kid. I only seen a couple of 3,5,7 or 9 routes on the highlights. Most of his throws are short & midrange over the middle on those videos.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:34 PM ]
  • dj43
More pro-ready than others.

The entire FA process was to bring in players that would be ready sooner than later. This guy appears to fit that mold. He will be able to run a scout offense more effectively than someone from a spread. Whether he has the tools to be more than a quality backup we will find out. In the meantime, Lynch said he deferred to Shanahan on his QB pick for the obvious reason. I'll roll with that.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Developmental pick, we get our guy next year.. This season is all about establishing our D

If we get our guy next year ..why draft him??.could have drafted for other needs instead.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Noodle Arm

no.

No, you are right, is worse, is vermicelli arm.
I know I said I'd have faith in any quarterback Kyle chose, and trust him on it. But why this guy?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
I know I said I'd have faith in any quarterback Kyle chose, and trust him on it. But why this guy?

I said the same thing until this guy shows up. LOL.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

^^^^4:23 lmk about that noodle arm.

From the film I've seen so far he takes a while to read. The arm talent is alright. The footwork is nice. I can see why KS wanted him, just trying to figure out why trade up for him.
Originally posted by TheNef77:

^^^^4:23 lmk about that noodle arm.

From the film I've seen so far he takes a while to read. The arm talent is alright. The footwork is nice. I can see why KS wanted him, just trying to figure out why trade up for him.

Worst pick IMO
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Noodle Arm

no.

No, you are right, is worse, is vermicelli arm.

He had the second highest velocity throwing at the combine. Only Web threw it harder. What he does do is try to throw with touch and sometimes throws it too weakly..
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Bad film to watch. Michigan made him pay for his inability to beat a blitz. Could be schematical or just the WRs suck and can't get open. Still, he misses a lot of open guys here and never really gets into a rhythm.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Worst pick IMO

I just don't understand how people thought he wasn't going to be there for our late 4th rounder.
Share 49ersWebzone