LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 166 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon CB 6'3 198 Lbs Colorado

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Had this guy in my mock in the 3rd Round: Ahkello Witherspoon, CB Colorado – 6'3" 198lbs – We get taller and more athletic at Corner. He shut down John Ross? Check. Production: Second-Team All-Pac-12, Led the nation with 21 PBUs on the year. Measurables: 4.45 40yard, 40.5" vertical (wtf?! yes, you read that right), 4.13 shuttle (wtf?!). In Witherspoon, Robinson, Ward, Tartt, we're building a scary-ass secondary.

The music for this highlight video is atrocious
Looks good.

Ball skills and physical.
Originally posted by Baylor:
The music for this highlight video is atrocious

Lol agreed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Starter or off the bench?
Armstrong's father was his basketball trainer.
Outside corner: Robinson and Witherspoon

Slot: Redmond

FS: Ward

SS: Reid or Tartt

young with unkown but super potential.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Absolutely love this pick. Bout time we get a big corner with ball skills.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No doubt. Lots to like about this pick and the direction were going. Depth chart looks so much better than it did 48 hours ago.

Don't know if he has ball skills, like interception skills........but did you watch on that Highlight video ....how often he punched the ball down with his off hand?

Normally when you see that last second burst to knock down the ball its ALLways because he pulled close with his other arm to sling shot forward to the ball.

I am on my 5th viewing of highlight videos on this guy and he appears to be closing the gap with sheer speed to get his off hand on the ball. He is not wrapping and pulling with his other arm.

He is not particularly graceful, arms all everywhere.....but this guy uses his length better then any other highlight reel i have ever seen.

He has close tight coverage skills for sure.

Statistically he has a 30% completion percentage against him. 5th best in the nation.

Sounds great

Colorado had only 28 QB hurries in 2016

That really puts his performance in perspective.

His ability to shut down quick slants and keep is arms on the WR in the medium passing game is pretty amazing with no pass rush, get this guy some rush help and...who knows.....
[ Edited by Dshearn on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:57 PM ]
My favorite pick

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My favorite pick

he is growing on me too.....

He seems unique in how he uses his length.

there are other tall CBs....but he does a great job using those arms and legs to cover ground.

I really like this pick.....
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Not to thrilled about the player but there was definetly value.

Meh.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Don't know if he has ball skills, like interception skills........but did you watch on that Highlight video ....how often he punched the ball down with his off hand?

Normally when you see that last second burst to knock down the ball its ALLways because he pulled close with his other arm to sling shot forward to the ball.

I am on my 5th viewing of highlight videos on this guy and he appears to be closing the gap with sheer speed to get his off hand on the ball. He is not wrapping and pulling with his other arm.

He is not particularly graceful, arms all everywhere.....but this guy uses his length better then any other highlight reel i have ever seen.

He has close tight coverage skills for sure.

Statistically he has a 30% completion percentage against him. 5th best in the nation.

Sounds great

Colorado had only 28 QB hurries in 2016

That really puts his performance in perspective.

His ability to shut down quick slants and keep is arms on the WR in the medium passing game is pretty amazing with no pass rush, get this guy some rush help and...who knows.....

This is EXACTLY the analysis I had of him prior to the draft. As the 2nd round was winding down, I was praying that we got him and Cooper Kupp with our two picks. Still a bit bugged that we didn't pull the trigger on Kupp, but Shanny and Lynch have a plan. Anyway, this guy is a stud. Perfect skillset for the NFL. IDGAF about him not being able to tackle, that's why we have the ridiculous front 7 that we do lol.
Witherspoon looks promising, but his teammate Tedric Thompson looks like he could develop into a damn good single-high FS for us if we draft him in the 4th. Kid has great range, anticipation, and ball skills. We need to keep these two together.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Witherspoon looks promising, but his teammate Tedric Thompson looks like he could develop into a damn good single-high FS for us if we draft him in the 4th. Kid has great range, anticipation, and ball skills. We need to keep these two together.

Tedric Thompson highlights
[ Edited by Furlow on Apr 29, 2017 at 12:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone