There are 244 users in the forums

Who do you absolutely NOT want to draft at #2?

• krizay
  • Veteran
1. Any QB

2. Either safety

3. Not trading down (because of no kings ransom)

In all honesty i don't think I'd lose my mind regardless. Nothing we can control. Going to be what it's going to be.
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
1.Any interior lineman
2.QB
3.Running back
4. Trading the pick to Washington straight up for cousins

This
1. I want to see how Armstead, Buckner, Lynch, and Tank do in the new 43 defense
2. Hoyer 31, Barkley 26 for 2017.....Cousin, Hoyer OR Barkley and Rookie (redshirt) for 2018
3. I want to give Hyde a chance under new offense and we can pick up RB in later rounds
4. HELL NO to trading for Cousin

My Top 5 wish list for the 2nd pick
1. Garrett
2. Trade Back
3. Hooker
4. Foster
5. Adams
[ Edited by WoWwarkaster on Mar 23, 2017 at 3:01 AM ]
Safety
Corner
Running back
Tight End
Fullback
Kicker
Punter
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Allen
Lattimore
Trubisky
Safety
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't want Allen, guys a walking IR.
1. Fournette - Don't like the system fit, such a deep draft at that position. I have a feeling that Shanalynch is looking more for a complimentary back to Hyde anyway.

2. Jonathan Allen - The shoulders worry me quite a bit, another deep position in this draft.

3. Solomon Thomas - I like him as a player, I just don't see rare traits. IMO his best trait is his strength, and he seems like more of a hustle guy to me and you can get those types of guys later who are just as strong.
1. Jabrill Peppers - I'm sure wu will come after me here but I think Peppers is super overrated and has no business going this early. He may become a terrific player but right now he's more athlete than a sure thing at safety, which I think is too early to draft at #2 anyways but if we had to then it should be a sure thing type of safety

2. Leonard Fournette - Another guy I think is overrated. RB to me is one of the easier positions to find decent players in and it's becoming a position that's not nearly as important as it used to be. Carlos Hyde is talented but we do need depth if he's hurt or change of pace, we don't need a guy at #2 who may not be a great fit vs Shanahan's system. Only reason I don't have him as #1 is because at least he has a clear proven position and would certainly give us a clear upgrade at RB or at the very least give us a clear strength on the roster.

3. Mike Williams - WR at #2 just makes me sick to think about, especially when it's a WR who is far from a sure thing. This isn't a Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald or Julio Jones type of prospect. He's a quality big body WR but he's slower than you'd like and his route running needs a lot of work and I'd be concerned with his grasp of Kyle's offense.

I don't want a QB at #2 but if they were the pick I'd have faith that Kyle Shanahan thinks very highly of them and that would go a long way with me.
I could probably warm up to just about anybody at this point considering our lack of talent. Only exceptions would be kicker, punter, or fullback.
Originally posted by English:
Safety
Corner
Running back
Tight End
Fullback
Kicker
Punter

This plus qb
Safety
CB
QB
WR
RB

QB.....
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
I could probably warm up to just about anybody at this point considering our lack of talent. Only exceptions would be kicker, punter, or fullback.

This. I've learned over the years, not to get too emotionally attached to any particular prospect. Rarely do teams draft what the fans want.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TOtheGreat:
1.Any interior lineman
2.QB
3.Running back
4. Trading the pick to Washington straight up for cousins

this
1. Leonard fournette
2. Deshon kizer
3. Rueben foster
4. Mike Williams
5. Derek Barnett
6. Jamal adams
  • Jason
  • Veteran
It seems like due to the overvalue of QBs in round 1 we are actually in a good spot at #2 because of the QB needy teams behind us. If Garret goes #1 then we hold the keys to the best QB in the draft (if another team falls in love). We won't know until close to the draft if not the day of. These trades are being worked through now.
Share 49ersWebzone