LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 515 users in the forums

Should we trade up in the first round for anyone?

Should we trade up in the first round for anyone?

Hopefully Jaylon Smith in the 3d for the Baalke special?
Originally posted by NTeply49:
No more offensive linemen worth trading up for now. WR or LB look like th etop positions to trade up for IMO

WR just got depleted with Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Fuller gone so not anymore unless you like Boyd, Thomas or Shepard a lot and even then probably could get at 37.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM ]
I wouldn't be mad if we traded up for Myles Jack now
Originally posted by Gore_21:
No more offensive linemen worth trading up for now. WR or LB look like th etop positions to trade up for IMO

WR just got depleted with Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Fuller gone so not anymore unless you like Boyd, Thomas or Shepard a lot and even then probably could get at 37.

those are more of stay put guys, we needed a red zone guy. Boyd might work. I kind of wish we could have traded back and taken Buckner because we were one of the only 3-4 teams picking in that range. Would have been nice
Has it been talked about with Denver to swap picks so we get their 31 and they get our 37. Would be a 4th round value for Kap. We could then flip the pick for some more if anyone wants to come up and get a QB or we could use it to take BPA (maybe Jack?)

Nevermind I guess... Denver swapped with Seattle instead.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:02 PM ]
those are more of stay put guys, we needed a red zone guy. Boyd might work. I kind of wish we could have traded back and taken Buckner because we were one of the only 3-4 teams picking in that range. Would have been nice

Yeah minus Jack and like I said he is an injury risk I dont see anyone worth it. Take BPA at 37 I guess.... maybe WR or OL... OLB (ogbah) would work for me. Yeah glad we got Buckner but kind of wish we could have milked it out and went down a few spots but thats a good way to lose a player. Maybe not worth it for a 4th or 5th.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:01 PM ]
s**t, i wanted lynch. we might desperately jump up to grab cooks
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Do we need to get jumpy on QB's? Why not go Prescott in the 2nd? We can wait until next year as well. Gabbert will start this year most likely anyways unless Kap is around.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Do we need to get jumpy on QB's? Why not go Prescott in the 2nd? We can wait until next year as well. Gabbert will start this year most likely anyways unless Kap is around.

i still want hogan later in this draft. but i think we need to go shotgun approach and make sure we have a qb going forward.
Baalke must really like Garnett. I do too, but there were other players I would have taken at 28.......

Would have been fine with Garnett if we didn't trade up to get him. However, if we really loved him, and there was a chance Seattle took him, we didn't pay a very high price to get our guy.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Would have been fine with Garnett if we didn't trade up to get him. However, if we really loved him, and there was a chance Seattle took him, we didn't pay a very high price to get our guy.

It was a great trade, why?

1. The Niners have two starters that have 5th year options. The advantage of the first round.
2. People made it seem like the Niners gave up a boat load, but they did get a 7th back, so it was essentially giving up a 4th rounder to get the 5th year option and the player they wanted. It was reported the Niners had a hard on for Garnett at the Stanford pro day and did not hide there desire to draft him.

Predicting two starters from first two picks, awesome
Nm
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Apr 29, 2016 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:

1. The Niners have two starters that have 5th year options. The advantage of the first round.
2. People made it seem like the Niners gave up a boat load, but they did get a 7th back, so it was essentially giving up a 4th rounder to get the 5th year option and the player they wanted. It was reported the Niners had a hard on for Garnett at the Stanford pro day and did not hide there desire to draft him.

I find it funny people bit*hing about tha trade but did anyone see tha Bucs rape tha Bears Bears gave up a 4th round to move up 2 spots lmao we gave up a #37 a 4th and a 6th got a 7th back and got back into tha 1st round value that 5th year option
Originally posted by 9erred:

I said I didn't hate it, specifically because we didn't give up much. If we were to trade up, I would have expected to get a player that was more widely regarded as a 1st rd talent. However the Niners have a better idea of if someone could have snagged him than I do, so think it's ok. Don't love it. Don't hate it.
Share 49ersWebzone