LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 161 users in the forums

My Last Mock Draft (5 rounds)

They say the game starts in the trenches and Trent Baalke loves his linemen. We had no pass rush last year and we also sucked on the offensive line, so we probably have to address those positions first. As far as Quarterback goes, well Nick Foles and Sam Bradford did well with Chip so hopefully Gabbert, Kap, or a rookie QB can do well. Here is my last mock which would make the most sense if we could make some of these things happen. Also hoping that Anthony Davis still returns to help shore up the oline.

Trades- 49ers trade the 7th overall pick to the Titans for the 15th, 45th, and the 76th overall picks.

15th- Jack Concklin OT (Alternative pick: Taylor Decker OT)- We get our tackle and a guy that shut down Bosa and Buckner

37th- Kevin Dodd OLB (Alternative pick: Noah Spence OLB)- Big, athletic, long arms, and great production last year. We need pass rush and he'll help provide it.

45th- Robert Nkemdiche DE (Alternative pick: Jonathan Bullard DE)- No denying the talent, falls due to inconsistent play and character questions. Baalke swings for the fences on this one, might strike out or could hit a homerun here.

68th- Deion Jones ILB- Bowman drafted in the third round. We get another very athletic inside backer in third round to team up with Bow.

76th-Keyarris Garret WR- Reminds me of Josh Gordon. Great size and he gets by defenders.

4th round- Jonathan Williams RB- This guy is a beast, knack for breaking tackles and great feet. Good playing speed.

4th round- Jerrell Adams TE- Former basketball player, good height and athleticism. Compete for starting tight end spot.

5th round- Maurice Canady CB- Great size at the corner position at 6'1 and a playmaker, forcing 10 turnovers in his career.

5th round- Graham Glasgow OG- Michigan player that can play center or guard, talented but had some off field issues.

5th round- Jeff Driskel QB- Size, athleticism, and talent. Confidence issues however.

Analysis
We keep Kap and see what he can do under Kelly's offense. Hopefully we can repair that relationship and at least increase his trade value this year. If not, we have Gabbert as plan B and then maybe Driskel can develop over a couple years. We'll probably be drafting a QB early next year though. We address our offensive line, pass rush, inside linebacker, get another wide receiver to compete for starting spot, get Hyde's compliment, another tight end to compete for starting spot, a corner that could potentially compete for starting spot, more depth at guard, and a developmental QB in first 5 rounds. A trade down would help us fill a lot of needs if it worked out this way.
So you have as 2nd and 3rd round picks 2 guys projected to go in the top 15-20 picks? Ok bruh
your first 3 picks will be gone by then IMO.
Like the players

I question availabilty

I'd much prefer Bullard to Nkemdiche
Originally posted by TheRambler:
So you have as 2nd and 3rd round picks 2 guys projected to go in the top 15-20 picks? Ok bruh

Projected by who? Everyone has different projections and the draft always plays out differently than people think. Nkemdiche could very well fall a long ways, all the way into the second round. Also, Floyd, Lawson, Ogbah, Spence, Correa all could go before Dodd. All those guys are ranked ahead of Dodd according to Mike Mayock. You realize there's all kinds of different projections right and GMs vary all over the place on their boards right bruh? And I have alternative picks for the first two rounds. Come at me bruh..
LOL I love when people bash mocks thinking they know how the draft is going to play out. There's so many different projections and GMs are all over the place on their boards on so many different players. This is a possible scenario.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
They say the game starts in the trenches and Trent Baalke loves his linemen. We had no pass rush last year and we also sucked on the offensive line, so we probably have to address those positions first. As far as Quarterback goes, well Nick Foles and Sam Bradford did well with Chip so hopefully Gabbert, Kap, or a rookie QB can do well. Here is my last mock which would make the most sense if we could make some of these things happen. Also hoping that Anthony Davis still returns to help shore up the oline.

Trades- 49ers trade the 7th overall pick to the Titans for the 15th, 45th, and the 76th overall picks.

15th- Jack Concklin OT (Alternative pick: Taylor Decker OT)- We get our tackle and a guy that shut down Bosa and Buckner

37th- Kevin Dodd OLB (Alternative pick: Noah Spence OLB)- Big, athletic, long arms, and great production last year. We need pass rush and he'll help provide it.

45th- Robert Nkemdiche DE (Alternative pick: Jonathan Bullard DE)- No denying the talent, falls due to inconsistent play and character questions. Baalke swings for the fences on this one, might strike out or could hit a homerun here.

68th- Deion Jones ILB- Bowman drafted in the third round. We get another very athletic inside backer in third round to team up with Bow.

76th-Keyarris Garret WR- Reminds me of Josh Gordon. Great size and he gets by defenders.

4th round- Jonathan Williams RB- This guy is a beast, knack for breaking tackles and great feet. Good playing speed.

4th round- Jerrell Adams TE- Former basketball player, good height and athleticism. Compete for starting tight end spot.

5th round- Maurice Canady CB- Great size at the corner position at 6'1 and a playmaker, forcing 10 turnovers in his career.

5th round- Graham Glasgow OG- Michigan player that can play center or guard, talented but had some off field issues.

5th round- Jeff Driskel QB- Size, athleticism, and talent. Confidence issues however.

Analysis
We keep Kap and see what he can do under Kelly's offense. Hopefully we can repair that relationship and at least increase his trade value this year. If not, we have Gabbert as plan B and then maybe Driskel can develop over a couple years. We'll probably be drafting a QB early next year though. We address our offensive line, pass rush, inside linebacker, get another wide receiver to compete for starting spot, get Hyde's compliment, another tight end to compete for starting spot, a corner that could potentially compete for starting spot, more depth at guard, and a developmental QB in first 5 rounds. A trade down would help us fill a lot of needs if it worked out this way.

i love the draft, but would rather see what gabbert can do over kaep. we know what kaep can and cant do. gabbert has a higher ceiling imo, and it be nice to see if he can reach it with kelly. We have already seen kaeps ceiling.
Love it but I would prefer to trade a couple of our 5th round picks and move up to 31 or 32 that's where we might be able to grab Doctson or Spence or whoever else falls out of round 1.
Want no part of Robert Nkemdiche besides falling out a window HIGH(can u say dumba$$) now that fool want to buy a panther REALLY BRUH ( @ myself for tha bruh part)
Share 49ersWebzone