There are 173 users in the forums

Buckner or Jack?

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Jack easily. Cartilage issue lol.

Yes Im sure its totally made up that the guy's knee could be a ticking timebomb. He might be able to play for 8 years without problem, he might be able to play for 2 years if it deteriorates further, each medical staff and front office will have to determine how risk averse they are in the early part of the draft.

Meanwhile Buckner played over 100 snaps in 2 games this season, has been healthy and is a lot more polished and game ready having played in almost twice as many games as Jack.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 24, 2016 at 8:01 PM ]
No question it's Buckner. Prior to the draft Jack is ready to roll, as soon as he's drafted he misses training camp and won't be ready till mid-season. Baalke can't take the risk, his employment is on the line.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's sad, but we have to pass on Jack.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Buckner
Still not completely buying the Jack knee concern news that broke over last few days. Timing screams smokescreen...

Still think the pick would be Buckner though
Buckner
The guy knocking down Jared Goff's pass

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Jack easily. Cartilage issue lol.

Yes Im sure its totally made up that the guy's knee could be a ticking timebomb. He might be able to play for 8 years without problem, he might be able to play for 2 years if it deteriorates further, each medical staff and front office will have to determine how risk averse they are in the early part of the draft.

Meanwhile Buckner played over 100 snaps in 2 games this season, has been healthy and is a lot more polished and game ready having played in almost twice as many games as Jack.

And your point is what now? Nobody, including you knows who will be a better pro or whether Jacks knee is truly as bad as some make it to be. I answered the question of who "I" would take, that doesn't mean I don't like Buckner. Jacks cartilage concern isn't as much a concern to me as it is others. I'd be willing to bet that there's waaaaaaaay more prospects in this draft with a bit of damage to their knees cartilage, it's called wear and tear from playing football. Jacks is just being scrutinized because he's one of the best players in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone