There are 240 users in the forums

Trading up to #5, who do you draft?

Trading up to #5, who do you draft?

Originally posted by hightop:
(1)Tunsil ;(2) Garnett;(3) Kaufusi first three rounds.
I like those picks especially 1-2, both immediate needs and probably day 1 starters. I would love for them to move back into the 1st or 2nd and grab OLB S. Calhoun or Dodd along with Kaufusi in 3rd round....
Tunsil / Garnett
Calhoun or Dodd / Kaufusi
[ Edited by dsmith_49erz on Apr 21, 2016 at 6:11 AM ]
If the Chargers don't trade down, I think they will have a tough time passing on Tunsil. Anyone looking at Ramsey that high will be drafting him as a corner, which SD can pair with Verrett for a very good secondary. Just doesn't fill the bigger need which is OLine and Dline. Because of the depth on the Dline, I suspect San Diego takes Tunsil and targets defense later in the draft. They can even take Karl Joseph in the 2nd round and still find quality players for their front seven later in the draft.

My guess:

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Tunsil
4. Bosa
5. Jack
6. Buckner
7. ???
I take Buckner, then trade up slightly late first or early second and take Decker
Buckner!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
If the Chargers don't trade down, I think they will have a tough time passing on Tunsil. Anyone looking at Ramsey that high will be drafting him as a corner, which SD can pair with Verrett for a very good secondary. Just doesn't fill the bigger need which is OLine and Dline. Because of the depth on the Dline, I suspect San Diego takes Tunsil and targets defense later in the draft. They can even take Karl Joseph in the 2nd round and still find quality players for their front seven later in the draft.

My guess:

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Tunsil
4. Bosa
5. Jack
6. Buckner
7. ???

Ramsey, but he shouldn't get to 7.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Tunsil is going to the Chargers, Ramsey to the Cowboys.

5-7 is where it gets dicey.

We could land Bosa, Jack or Buckner

Tunsil isn't going to the Chargers. They have their tackles and they never take players with the slightest character risk. Bosa, Buckner, Ramsey or trade down for them.

And there is also about the same chance of me playing for the Niners tomorrow as there is of Baalke trading up in the draft.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:

My guess:

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Tunsil
4. Bosa
5. Jack
6. Buckner
7. ???

Ramsey, but he shouldn't get to 7.

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Ramsey
4. Bosa/Elliott
5. Jack
6. Tunsil
7. Buckner
I voted for Buckner, but then remembered how bad our offensive line was
Jesus, what a tough call. Both have potential to be impact players right out of the gate and for the next 10 years. It's just as hard to find a high-caliber LT as it is RDE in the 3-4 and we have players currently at both spots in Staley and Dial. And they cost about the same in FA. So many things to factor and part of the GM's job is to please his HC too (Buckner) but as an offensive minded coach, he'd also be pounding the tables for a potential pro-bowl T too especially in his system.

Trade up...grab Tunsil. With Tunsil, you can start him at RT instantly or move Staley to RT now that he's a bit older and now you've got Trenton Brown as the swing T and extra blocker. Massive upgrade!

Sign Norman (more coverage sacks) and grab a NT or DE later (deep draft).

Seriously consider a trade of CK to the Jets for Wilkerson and a 2017 1st rounder (can this be done?) and consider trading Anthony Davis as well for draft capitol should he ACTUALLY have a desire to return.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Tunsil isn't going to the Chargers. They have their tackles and they never take players with the slightest character risk. Bosa, Buckner, Ramsey or trade down for them.

And there is also about the same chance of me playing for the Niners tomorrow as there is of Baalke trading up in the draft.

On what basis? He has traded up before.

If it played out like that and they did trade up to #5 I think the pick would be Laremy Tunsil, I would rather say at #7 and be happy with either Tunsil, Jack or Buckner.
I think you're spot on Phoenix. Either we go for one of two franchise players in Tunsil/Buckner or we trade back and build the trenches as your mock draft suggested. Staley likely only has a year or two left and All Pro LTs are hard to find, but worth their weight in gold. Buckner and AA would give us a devastating front for the next 10 years.

I just hope we don't draft Stanley, Ramsey or Bosa with the pick. As someone pointed out to me yesterday, Bosa doesn't fit our system and Stanley has dedication questions.
Buckner. No matter what some experts have been saying, our DL needs some help.
One way to look at it was that Tunsil was the consensus #1 pick...until 2 days ago.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Baalke has traded up in the 1st round multiple times, have you ever suited up for the 49ers?

Share 49ersWebzone