LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 238 users in the forums

Deal in place for the 4th pick?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
My bad. Read my list again. 4 QBs that have also made the playoffs (Kap, Dalton, Romo and Cousins). You have 4 SB winning QBs, I have 3. Not bad for guys who went nowhere near the top 10...

This is true until you start adding up multiple SBs...and Brady skews the whole works! LOL! I was very surprised when I made my list that there were few non-first down QBs in the top twenty and even fewer who weren't in the first two rounds. Even more shocking are how many #1 overall picks are pretty iffy QBs!

Edit: I guess we could have Brady and P Manning cancel each other out and then see how many non first rounders have multiple SB rings.

Lol Hey, Brady is a 6th rounder with 4 SBs. Montana is a 3rd rounder with 4 SBs. No 1st rounder has their success

And Brady has as many as both the Mannings combined. But just in the league right now, Eli is the only Top 10 QB with a SB ring. Ben, Flacco, Rodgers, Wilson, and Brees were all drafted outside the top 10

Are you serious, first off, Super Bowl wins are pretty much a team thing, but wouldn't appearances count more since it took a QB to guide them to a Super Bowl??

I mean, it truly must've been Brady to kick the game winning field goal vs. Carolina and I guess it was Brady that stopped the greatest show on turf from scoring or intercepted that pass on the 2 yard line vs. Seattle.

So with that said, add up all of Troy Aikmans, Terry Bradshaw's, Jim Kelly's, Dan Marino's, John Elways, Peyton Manning's, Eli Manning's, Ben Roethlisbergers, Aaron Rodgers and Phil Simms Super Bowl appearances and tell me what you come up with??

Pretty much? It is a team thing. The QBs get the win-loss record though. Just the way it is. Denver clearly won with defense this year but Manning still got his 2nd ring. Eli's defense clearly won those two SBs but Eli gets the shine. Is what it is...
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Baalke trades back not up.... he wants his picks

Eric Reid says "what?"

This, but he raped Dallas in that deal as he gave up a mid-rounder. Completely different scenario here and he ain't moving up to #2. Not a chance
There is an article from Sporting News, with a list of the seven biggest risks in this years draft and Wentz, Goff and Lynch are on it. Others are guys like Spence and Bosa have character issues. Seems like the only (early first round) true "can't miss" guys are Tunsil, Ramsey and Buckner.
There is an article from Sporting News, with a list of the seven biggest risks in this years draft and Wentz, Goff and Lynch are on it. Others are guys like Spence and Bosa have character issues. Seems like the only (early first round) true "can't miss" guys are Tunsil, Ramsey and Buckner.

Theres no such thing as "can't miss guy."

"Can't miss guys" miss all the time. Tackles out of all positions have the highest bust rate in the 1st round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Theres no such thing as "can't miss guy."

"Can't miss guys" miss all the time. Tackles out of all positions have the highest bust rate in the 1st round.

That's why I put it in quotes.
I'm still down for rolling the dice on Noah Spence but according to Jason Cole he could slip to the 2nd round. So with Coles history of being wrong every time I'm guessing Spence goes to the Browns in the 1st.
Originally posted by eastie:
What if we added Kaep and Bethea to the package of picks and offered to pay 2/3 of CK's salary this season?

OK.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Why is this a thread?
Originally posted by FL9er:
Why is this a thread?

Because someone clicked submit.
I know my sentiments will burst some bubbles, but if Baalke is working a trade to get to #4, don't be surprised to see him grab Buckner, not a QB. There's inherently a lot more value in Buckner than either QB...because he'll be a starter out of the gate...neither QB would be. With so much uncertainty WRT when Ian Williams will play, it makes sense to slide Dial inside to NT, leaving a gaping hole at one DE/DT position. If Buckner's Baalke's guy, it's understandable to trade up a few slots to get him. He'll be very attractive to a number of teams ahead of the #7 pick.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I know my sentiments will burst some bubbles, but if Baalke is working a trade to get to #4, don't be surprised to see him grab Buckner, not a QB. There's inherently a lot more value in Buckner than either QB...because he'll be a starter out of the gate...neither QB would be. With so much uncertainty WRT when Ian Williams will play, it makes sense to slide Dial inside to NT, leaving a gaping hole at one DE/DT position. If Buckner's Baalke's guy, it's understandable to trade up a few slots to get him. He'll be very attractive to a number of teams ahead of the #7 pick.

Sounds very practical with the pressure on Baalke and Kelly to produce soon. A QB would be a building block down the road, which is why an OL doesn't sound reasonable either. Buckner and Jack are probably the most likely guys capable of starting next year, and DE is a greater need with Wilhoite and Hodges at ILB along side Bowman.
At any rate, a great player will be there at 7. I either want Goff, or whoever falls to 7. If he's not our cup of tea, a tradeback.
Originally posted by genus49:
My sources tell me if the Rams select Laremy Tunsil with the #1 overall pick the 49ers have a deal in place to send their next 10 1st round draft picks to Cleveland in a move to get Jared Goff.

Originally posted by Murphys1:
At any rate, a great player will be there at 7. I either want Goff, or whoever falls to 7. If he's not our cup of tea, a tradeback.

This. Not sure why the Rams would take Wentz over Goff, but if they do, he's the only guy I'd trade up for. Not to 2 though, unless Cleveland values a couple of players we're willing to move on from. The draft capital they're rumored to be dealing in is crazy.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If the 49ers traded up that high for Wentz it would make no sense unless they are certain someone would jump in front of them.

The QBs won't fall to #7. Somebody will jump up and grab one. If you want Wentz/Goff, you will need to move up.
Share 49ersWebzone