LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

Shocker 1st Round Pick Prediction

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Even if you argue that the 49ers NEED a RB, Henry isn't anywhere close to being the caliber of RB that is deserving of a Top 10 pick. Plenty of RB's in this draft that you can use to split carries with Hyde and that could be especially good fits in the 49ers blocking scheme. I'd be shocked if Henry is gone by the time the 49ers are on the board in the 2nd round.

Dixon is my favorite back in this draft because i think he'd be a perfect compliment, but he's gonna require a 2nd i think which is too high in light of our team needs.
Originally posted by HERN:
With Goff still available at 7, they shock the world and go with Connor Cook with the 7th pick.

This isn't a shocker, this would send half the Niner nation into full cardiac arrest!
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by HERN:
With Goff still available at 7, they shock the world and go with Connor Cook with the 7th pick.

This isn't a shocker, this would send half the Niner nation into full cardiac arrest!

I would be livid.
Originally posted by SoCold:
What would shock me is if Trent actually took who I wanted.

Who you looking for anyway?
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
How accurate are mock drafts with success?

I get that Henry is a big back who doesn't fit our offense, but how often does a RB like him come around? He's incredibly rare and a workhorse.

Obviously the 49ers have bigger needs, such as a pass rusher and offensive tackle, but to write Derrick Henry or Ezekiel Elliot off is silly.

How'd the 49ers win recently? A great defense and a stellar run game. Carlos Hyde is no guarantee and his backups are subpar.

It really depends on who falls to the 49ers.

How is Henry a guarantee but Hyde isn't? Yes Hyde was injuried but we saw what he could do when he was ready to play, add in a real OL and a real coaching staff and we have something special...you already answered your question Henry isn't even close to a fit for our ZBS at all. Get him behind a power running OL and let him run hard forward that's what he does. Watch him when a guy gets past the OL he can't move or cut quick enough to ajust, he's just to tall and big.

His talents would be a waste in SF. Zeke would be a great fit just not at 7, drafting someone to split carries in he top 10 when we have a million other issues is a good way to lose you GM gig IMO.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
How is Henry a guarantee but Hyde isn't? Yes Hyde was injuried but we saw what he could do when he was ready to play, add in a real OL and a real coaching staff and we have something special...you already answered your question Henry isn't even close to a fit for our ZBS at all. Get him behind a power running OL and let him run hard forward that's what he does. Watch him when a guy gets past the OL he can't move or cut quick enough to ajust, he's just to tall and big.

His talents would be a waste in SF. Zeke would be a great fit just not at 7, drafting someone to split carries in he top 10 when we have a million other issues is a good way to lose you GM gig IMO.

That's a good assessment. I guess I hate seeing good players go to other teams. It reminds me of DeSean Jackson going to Philly. I knew he was going to be good but Trent didn't. Right now Derrick Henry and Ezekiel Elliot look like future stars, yet somehow we're going to address DL or OL first.

I wouldn't complain if we got Buckner or an OT but RB is more interesting to me.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Even if you argue that the 49ers NEED a RB, Henry isn't anywhere close to being the caliber of RB that is deserving of a Top 10 pick. Plenty of RB's in this draft that you can use to split carries with Hyde and that could be especially good fits in the 49ers blocking scheme. I'd be shocked if Henry is gone by the time the 49ers are on the board in the 2nd round.

Also a good assessment. What teams need a power running back?

Isn't Derrick Henry more than a power running back? He's closer to Adrian Peterson than Brandon Jacobs.

With Baalke making the calls, we all need defibrullators handy.
Shocker would be staying put and drafting either Conklin or Spence.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
49ers trade the #7 pick to the Jets for Wilkerson and the #20 pick. With the 20th pick they take Paxton Lynch and with pick 37 take the top o-lineman

Vernon Butler, DL, LA Tech. I know most people think he is a late 1st-2nd round pick, but I haven't seen anyone mock him as a top 10 pick. And it's been reported that the niners are interested in him.

49ers HQ would get set on fire that same night.
Darron Lee or Floyd, I hope they trade down if that is their intention
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Shocker = Trading up to the #2 overall pick.

For Wentz. This is my dream mock.

As for a SHOCKER pick, I am taking Josh Doctson at 7.

I think we collectively forget how crappy the WR on the team are. Doctson looks the part of a WR1.
Share 49ersWebzone