LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 224 users in the forums

9ersLiferInChicago Mock - 1.0

Taking two CBs before an OLman seems a bit off. I like many of your picks though and have no idea what the current regime will be thinking. Kelly recently stated that he believes he has what he needs on offense, so is that a dodge to throw off other teams for the draft? Or does he believe it. If he is telling the truth then your draft looks really good.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
2 things. One I believe Goff is an overdraft at 7. Someone will over draft in too 10 but why us? He is no where near bpa at 7. Otherwise good draft. Jack is the better pick imo
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Taking two CBs before an OLman seems a bit off. I like many of your picks though and have no idea what the current regime will be thinking. Kelly recently stated that he believes he has what he needs on offense, so is that a dodge to throw off other teams for the draft? Or does he believe it. If he is telling the truth then your draft looks really good.
Thank you very much!!
The very day it came out that Chip was whispered as lobbying to coach the 49ers I started looking at his Oregon and Philly teams, and I stated that I thought that Chip may have what he needed on offence to achieve what he wants, which included Kaep (and why I continue to say that Gabbert will never beat out a healthy Kaep in a Chip Kelly offense). I honestly think that Chip probably hasn't had what he wanted personnel wise since he left Oregon until now. And that's why I go heavy on defense. I think Chip wants a good rotation of guys all across the D because he knows his the pressure his offense puts on them. I firmly believe that he's trying to replicate what he had in Oregon.
Originally posted by fan49:
2 things. One I believe Goff is an overdraft at 7. Someone will over draft in too 10 but why us? He is no where near bpa at 7. Otherwise good draft. Jack is the better pick imo
I think you'd be in the minority on Goff being an overdraft at 7. But then again I'm in the minority, it would seem, on Brothers. I will say, however, that I seriously suggest that you get a good look at the coach before to go the infamous "BPA" route. This isn't the year for that. Chip won't do best available to the world, he's gonna want players that fit his scheme. And that isn't all the time the BPA.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I think you'd be in the minority on Goff being an overdraft at 7. But then again I'm in the minority, it would seem, on Brothers. I will say, however, that I seriously suggest that you get a good look at the coach before to go the infamous "BPA" route. This isn't the year for that. Chip won't do best available to the world, he's gonna want players that fit his scheme. And that isn't all the time the BPA.

Checked dogs board... He has him ranked 20 on his big board. He is not top 10 Talent. Now that is my opinion but it is definitely opinions of others too. If we're going for best player available golf is not him

Checked dogs board... He has him ranked 20 on his big board. He is not top 10 Talent. Now that is my opinion but it is definitely opinions of others too. If we're going for best player available golf is not him
Then I place dog's board among the minority too.

"golf"?
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 2, 2016 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Well I think we can say a lot of ILBs would be better than Wilhoite at this point I don't really see him as a 3-down guy, doesn't mean he can be but you can't go into the draft thinking his a 3 down LB. Wouldn't hate the pick not in the 2nd though. It's cool though he seems like your guy based on being a Mizzo fan so I won't hate lol.

The thing is it's seem like there are some real solid OL going in the 3rd and 4th and I think you have to take one there, same with RB.
My position on the O-line is that, at this point, we are pretty solid. Where I think we're deficient at is scheme and backups. I don't care what anyone says, Devey, Silberman, and Pears simply son't belong on this roster. The projected starters are, as a group, pretty solid. I just think people here are regurgitating opinions of people who really haven't actually scouted this kid or watched this kid in a whole game, but going on what others think. When I do my mocks I try to watch a least one whole game of the players I predict and not rely on a 3 min. highlight clip. And I admit that I made a mistake in stating that I am a fan of Mizzou. But I was a fan of Mizzou during the Aldon and Gabbert days, but neither were on my radar because I thought our needs at CB were more pressing. It just gave lazy people an excuse to dismiss my analysis and lean on regurgitated BS to mask their own biases. It's easy and safe to say O-line with 1 or 2 pick of our top 5 picks. In any event, I don't think we need to draft that high to get good O-linmen.

Just MHO.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
people just dont seem to care that kellys offense has been figured out with this type of qb. We need to give him someone who can take off at the drop of a dime, make people think twice. Goff has no ability whatsoever doing that. I think getting an athletic qb later, and an instant impact maker priority round 1. Its like people dont care about the truth. All kelly has had is foles, bradford, now giv him goff. give the guy a real chance
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I mean im just looking at it like we need starters. and round 1 and two are supposed to start. we have a chance at getting a trenches guy who can change the team. And i dont know goff could be amazing, and he could be mediocre. If we dont draft a sure thing qb in first round we will get set back farther. wasting onather 1st rounder next year like the brown. round 1 2 and 3 could make a huge difference if you get starters
Gabbert isn't beating out Kap.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Well I think we can say a lot of ILBs would be better than Wilhoite at this point I don't really see him as a 3-down guy, doesn't mean he can be but you can't go into the draft thinking his a 3 down LB. Wouldn't hate the pick not in the 2nd though. It's cool though he seems like your guy based on being a Mizzo fan so I won't hate lol.

The thing is it's seem like there are some real solid OL going in the 3rd and 4th and I think you have to take one there, same with RB.
My position on the O-line is that, at this point, we are pretty solid. Where I think we're deficient at is scheme and backups. I don't care what anyone says, Devey, Silberman, and Pears simply son't belong on this roster. The projected starters are, as a group, pretty solid. I just think people here are regurgitating opinions of people who really haven't actually scouted this kid or watched this kid in a whole game, but going on what others think. When I do my mocks I try to watch a least one whole game of the players I predict and not rely on a 3 min. highlight clip. And I admit that I made a mistake in stating that I am a fan of Mizzou. But I was a fan of Mizzou during the Aldon and Gabbert days, but neither were on my radar because I thought our needs at CB were more pressing. It just gave lazy people an excuse to dismiss my analysis and lean on regurgitated BS to mask their own biases. It's easy and safe to say O-line with 1 or 2 pick of our top 5 picks. In any event, I don't think we need to draft that high to get good O-linmen.

Just MHO.

We "might" have solid starters but we have zero behind that. I would rather grab some OL talent where the value is good (3rd-4th round). Hey I'll root for Brothers if he becomes a 9er (and if Baalke drafts him I'm cool with his judgment on LBs) but just for arguments sake I think he's more of a two down guy at this point (not saying he can't become more of a cover guy). I mean having Tarrt out there helps as well.

BJ Goodson is someone to watch for in the later rounds at LB. 49ers brought him in he's got the size and speed you want

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/b.j.-goodson?id=2555522
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Gabbert isn't beating out Kap.

kaep will get beat out watch he hasnt offered anything in 2 years why now. he still wont watch film or study. and he cant make a decision let alone a fast one. kaep is the exact opposite of what kelly needs. if you think he is your blind and dont really know football
  • fan49
  • Veteran

and maybe not an overdraft but there is now way he is bpa at 7
people just dont seem to care that kellys offense has been figured out with this type of qb. We need to give him someone who can take off at the drop of a dime, make people think twice. Goff has no ability whatsoever doing that. I think getting an athletic qb later, and an instant impact maker priority round 1. Its like people dont care about the truth. All kelly has had is foles, bradford, now giv him goff. give the guy a real chance

Goff isn't nearly as limited as you suggest. He's 0.05 seconds slower in the 40, and 2 inches less on the two jumps than Wentz. He's one inch shorter and 10 pounds lighter. He's never missed a game. Wentz missed 8. So how is Wentz considered athletic and Goff isn't? Wentz was in an offense that demanded designed QB runs, and Goff was instructed to stay in the pocket. This tired, lazy narrative that Goff isn't an athlete should just go away.

Goff is 9 on MadDog49er's board, so I don't know what dog you're talking about. If a qb is rated 9 on your board, and you need one at 7, that's great value.
Share 49ersWebzone