1950 all purpose yards, 18 touchdowns, averaging 6.7 yards per touch
2033 all purpose yards, 16 touchdowns, averaging 7.2 yards per touch
2387 all purpose yards, 12 touchdowns, averaging 6.6 yards per touch
1848 all purpose yards, 19 touchdowns, averaging 6.4 yards per touch

1. Leonard Fournette
2. Royce Freeman
3. Christian McCaffery
4. Ezekiel Elliot
(I left out Henry, he should win the heisman)

Regardless Royce freeman has been having a stellar season a year after his amazing freshman campaign.
His very first season at college (as a true Freshman) he broke the Oregon record for most TDs and yards for a freshman in a season. (1400 and 19)
Was voted as the PAC-12 offensive freshman of the year
Highest rated HS recruit of the 2014 class
Voted first team PAC12 this year

Coming in at 5'11 230lbs this guy is so powerful and quick on his feet. Hes only a true sophomore so he can't declare, but keep your eye on him.
I've been watching Freeman since his first game as a 17 year old starting RB, and he has yet to be unimpressive. I have seen him make moves in the open field that remind me of Darren Sproles, almost makes you forget he weighs the same as Hyde yet he is 2 inches shorter.
This guy can beat you around the tackles, he can beat you in between the tackles, dangerous with space and dangerous on the goal line, its hard to find a weakness in his game.

Keep in mind when you are watching this that he is as heavy as Hyde, he is making some cuts here that he should not be able to make

^
Those are all the highlights from his true freshman season

This is this year, I can already see the improvement (looks faster)
[ Edited by Quest4six on Dec 8, 2015 at 6:50 PM ]
HI Quest,

Isn't Freeman a true Soph this year? That would make him ineligible to declare until the 2017 draft, right?

But I do like him. With Hyde's foot and running style, maybe the Niners take a change of pace back in the mid to late rounds this year, and then go after another stud RB next year? Next year's RB class is ridiculous, if all the eligible Juniors declare! Fournette, Chubb, Freeman, McCaffery, etc.
Originally posted by Spike1000:
HI Quest,

Isn't Freeman a true Soph this year? That would make him ineligible to declare until the 2017 draft, right?

But I do like him. With Hyde's foot and running style, maybe the Niners take a change of pace back in the mid to late rounds this year, and then go after another stud RB next year? Next year's RB class is ridiculous, if all the eligible Juniors declare! Fournette, Chubb, Freeman, McCaffery, etc.

You're right, for some reason I thought he was eligible this year.
It's 3 years out of high school and he didn't redshirt.

I agree though, he could wind up being a great COP back here. I'm not a fan of the way we ran Hyde into the ground this season, Freeman would help fix that

But yea next years RB class is going to be one to remember. Hopefully this shifts the NFL back to a ground and pound style, we'll see!
Hyde only averaged 15 carries per game up til he was hurt. Don't think that is exactly "running him into the ground". As a RB he should be in his prime.
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:
Hyde only averaged 15 carries per game up til he was hurt. Don't think that is exactly "running him into the ground". As a RB he should be in his prime.

lol that's because when you're always playing from behind you tend to throw the ball more
In closer games he was seeing 20+ carries while still having some lingering issues.

He's been having this same foot issue since the Vikings game and we kept pushing it because of lack of depth (bush out)
Obviously this position is a need

I mean it's not like we are having issues with the RB depth anyways right?
[ Edited by Quest4six on Dec 8, 2015 at 9:09 PM ]
Something about a running back running out of the spread scares me. Haven't watch much on Royce but in those highlights those holes were HUGE.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Something about a running back running out of the spread scares me. Haven't watch much on Royce but in those highlights those holes were HUGE.

Agreed, he does benefit from the spread.
But if you go back and watch him in space, he is doing things that make him seem NFL ready.
There are a couple highlights he has had that are him running between tackles in close proximity to DTs or DEs
Seems like everyone "left out Henry" as far as mock drafts are concerned, why so little hype for the guy as an NFL back, I wonder? I don't see any weaknesses in him as a prospect, he'd definitely be at the top of my RB list, and just behind Laquon Treadwell among offensive players as a group.
Bumping this.
Not this year but maybe next year!

Looks like a great RB and is having a great game
Bump

This dude is a beast.

Would be perfect in our scheme
Dude just broke Lamichael James all time Oregon rushing record
And is the 19th FBS player to eclipse 5000 total yards
I'm all for it if he's available in the 3rd. There will be a lot of good running backs in this draft, and i hooe they get one. Akrum Wadley would be great as well. Aside from Barkley, those are two guys I'd really like.
Yea and how did Lamichael James career pan out ???
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yea and how did Lamichael James career pan out ???

Are you saying that since James didn't have a successful career... Freeman will also be a bust?

Do I have your reasoning right?
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Would be perfect in our scheme
Dude just broke Lamichael James all time Oregon rushing record
And is the 19th FBS player to eclipse 5000 total yards

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Are you saying that since James didn't have a successful career... Freeman will also be a bust?

Do I have your reasoning right?

When u bring up tha comparison of tha two then yes
Share 49ersWebzone