LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 429 users in the forums

The player you want most 2016 draft

Originally posted by strickac:
Financially I believe we're tied to him. He's never been one to be in great shape, so I'm expecting a slow return to him getting caught up. Will still be an upgrade over Pears from the moment he steps his fat ass on the field

Not necessarily. They already took a cap hit when he retired, depending on how they feel about his physical shape and willingness to stay committed, they could always trade his rights to another team.
The best offensive or defensive lineman available at each pick. It is clear that the ability to attack and defend starts with the lines. Fix em and deal with the rest later.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Ladoskiwoski:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Bosa or OL.

Why spend 2 1st round picks in back to back years on DL ?

Best OT Avail

AD has stated that he Just needed a year off for his body to heal. So, why spend a 1st in an OT when we'll already have 2 1st round picks at that position?

Unless we plan on sliding AD inside, I don't see it happening. We could probably trade back into the first and grab one of the highly rated guards. That said, our 2nd pick will be in the mid 30s and there's probably the #2 or #3 rated guard hanging around. We'll have some options.

Our guards are garbage. Aside from Staley we potentially have 3 starting caliber OTs in Davis, Thomas, and Brown. If Boone comes back there's another.

Davis is not coming back to play for this trainwreck. If he wants to play next year it will be with another team--we will trade him, maybe for a 4th rounder?
Originally posted by pickle:
Davis is not coming back to play for this trainwreck.

Then he can keep his happy ass retired. He has absolutely no leverage in the situation.
An elite defense once again.
Originally posted by Butter:
Exactly, until the Niners get a legit oline, it doesn't matter who their QB, RB, or WR are.

We have Daniel Kilgore coming back and Anthony Davis is returning next year.

We also haven't tested Thomas out.

I'd rather get Goff or Paxton Lynch.

Every franchise needs a franchise quarterback.
Goff
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
How about one that isn't balding at an early age then decides to retire
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Originally posted by Butter:
Exactly, until the Niners get a legit oline, it doesn't matter who their QB, RB, or WR are.

We have Daniel Kilgore coming back and Anthony Davis is returning next year.

We also haven't tested Thomas out.

I'd rather get Goff or Paxton Lynch.

Every franchise needs a franchise quarterback.

It's preferred that the news reports 'Anthony Davis found in the bottom of the ocean'
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
There's a lot of talented / dedicated "football players" out there that can play their position(s) well... some with high ceilings.

The trouble is finding them! Can Baalke do that? Can he find some w/out shattered fibulas with TWO broken ankles??

I have my doubts, but we'll see

Fuller has been crushing it today! 2nd round pick
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Fuller has been crushing it today! 2nd round pick

Liked McShay's comparison for Fuller (Devin Smith). He's somewhere between Devin Smith and Desean Jackson. He's in between their size and is not quite as fast as Jackson, but he's great at tracking the deep ball. Love how the ND receivers block every play too. There should be a good WR there for our 2nd round pick (Doctson, Thomas, Coleman, Fuller, or Boyd). If we take a QB in the first, I want to follow up by drafting a lot of offensive players (linemen, another RB, and a WR).
I want this guy to be our next Quarterback.
Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
Height: 6-7. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2016): 1-2.
11/5/15: In 2015, Lynch has completed 70 percent of his passes for 2,709 yards with 18 touchdowns and one interception while showing an arm that can make all the throws for the pro game. He has displayed the ability to pass accurately and beat good coverage with precise completions into tight windows. Lynch also has the athleticism to make plays with his feet and can throw on the run. His draft stock is rising after leading Memphis to an upset over Ole Miss and an undefeated start to the season.

In his previous seasons as a starter, Lynch used his running ability more. As a sophomore, he ran for 321 yards with 13 touchdowns while completing 63 percent of his passes for 3,031 yards with 22 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Lynch completed 58 percent of his passes for 2,056 yards with nine touchdowns and 10 interceptions as a freshman.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016QB.php#5Erx0KlU4sqp8vSc.99
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Liked McShay's comparison for Fuller (Devin Smith). He's somewhere between Devin Smith and Desean Jackson. He's in between their size and is not quite as fast as Jackson, but he's great at tracking the deep ball. Love how the ND receivers block every play too. There should be a good WR there for our 2nd round pick (Doctson, Thomas, Coleman, Fuller, or Boyd). If we take a QB in the first, I want to follow up by drafting a lot of offensive players (linemen, another RB, and a WR).

Yup agreed
Jaylon smith Norte dame
Share 49ersWebzone