With Goff
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Kenny Lawler

With Goff

But I was told Goff didn't play with any talent
Demarcus Ayers is a stud. I bet he'll be one of the best receivers to come out of this draft.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I would love to see the 49ers draft Braxton Miller (WR - Ohio State; ex QB) late in the 3rd because he in my opinion, will be the next Anquan Boldin..
What happened to the "potential" guys we drfted last year like Smelter and White? Smelter especially, once healed, was supposed to be a steal. Yet another failed WR class? And didn't we get Flipper Anderson's kid too? WTF? And we're still trying to determine if Pattin and Ellington are worth keeping! Let's face it, we just can't seem to choose or develop well.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
What happened to the "potential" guys we drfted last year like Smelter and White? Smelter especially, once healed, was supposed to be a steal. Yet another failed WR class? And didn't we get Flipper Anderson's kid too? WTF? And we're still trying to determine if Pattin and Ellington are worth keeping! Let's face it, we just can't seem to choose or develop well.

By the time they activated Smelter the season was nearly over. It just didn't make sense to bring in a rookie who wasn't 100% healthy that late in the year. Uprgrade would have been minimal and I think they get an extra contract year out of the player if he doesn't appear on the game roster. Remains to be seen with the rookies they brought in, but Patton won't be around long. Mediocre talent who is as dumb as dirt.
Has no one mentioned Leonte Carroo????
Special talent with small off field talent
Originally posted by 9moon:
I would love to see the 49ers draft Braxton Miller (WR - Ohio State; ex QB) late in the 3rd because he in my opinion, will be the next Anquan Boldin..

smelter is the next boldin

With all due respect, DeAndre Smelter is very Boldin like. You want two Boldin's when this team NEEDS speed in the worst way.

Don't worry they're being "groomed" or something. Every year this place goes crazy over these late round picks and talk about them being groomed or developed and boast about how they can easily replace solid veterans in time. Then the very next draft they're wanting to draft different groomers.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Phoenix, it's hard studying highlights as you know but looking at those videos you gave me my first thought is I see a little bit of Odell Beckham there... slower, bigger, not as shifty, poor mans beckham. I do like the jump balls in the end zone, he goes up and gets them. I'm surprised to see he only has 4 drops I see a lot of basket catches on there and a lot of body catching but at the same time a lot of nice catches with him going up and getting the ball.

He dropped an sure TD again Notre Dame. He's a good WR and should have some success in the NFL, but I doubt he'll be anything more than a complimentary player (#2/3). He can separate, which is half the battle. His hands seem average though.

I view him as a 2nd rounder.
Originally posted by GreatGabbert:

By the time they activated Smelter the season was nearly over. It just didn't make sense to bring in a rookie who wasn't 100% healthy that late in the year. Uprgrade would have been minimal and I think they get an extra contract year out of the player if he doesn't appear on the game roster. Remains to be seen with the rookies they brought in, but Patton won't be around long. Mediocre talent who is as dumb as dirt.

I think we'll finally start to see this trend change. Chip knows how to run an offense. Whether you agree with his style or not, he understands routes and putting receivers in position to make a play. We haven't seen that since Norv.

We'll soon find out if it's the personnel or just the scheme. I think we'll be happy with their progress.

Completely different style of players imo
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Kenny Lawler

Son of Jerry Lawler?
Share 49ersWebzone