LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 202 users in the forums

MadDog49er's Restacking the Draft Board for Day Two

Greetings, all! I hope you all get a chance to visit and contribute to the official draft thread last night. I thought it was fun to interact with everyone.

Here is my restacking of the board with the best players available, and how I graded them going into the draft:

13 Jaelen Strong Arizona St WR
15 Carl Davis Iowa DT
17 Ty Lockett Kansas St WR
20 Eli Harold Virginia DE/LB
21 Paul Dawson TCU LB
24 Grady Jarrett Clemson DT
26 Eddie Goldman Florida St DT
27 La'El Collins LSU G (Note: Collins is off my board at this point due to the ongoing investigation)
28 Eric Rowe Utah S
31 Jake Fisher Oregon OT
34 Duke Johnson Miami RB
35 Eric Kendricks UCLA LB
37 Owamagbe Odighizuwa UCLA DE/OLB
39 Jay Ajayi Boise St RB
40 Henry Anderson Stanford DT
41 Nate Orchard Utah DE/OLB
42 John Miller Louisville G
43 James Sample Louisville S
44 Quinten Rollins Miami (OH) S
45 Trey Flowers Arkansas DE/OLB
47 Maxx Williams Minnesota TE

Not every player on this board is a fit for the Niners. Some are not as necessary due to other positional needs.

As stated going into the draft, my ideal projection was a Cameron Erving, Ty Lockett, Henry Anderson first three rounds. Count me in on Erving at the 17th. I believe Davis and Strong will be off the board before the Niners pick at 46. If not, they are the pick. If both are gone, then it is Lockett for me. Since the Niners have already selected DL, then following my board, they should select Strong, then Lockett. Harold or Dawson would be a terrific selection as well.

Let's have some fun tonight.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 1, 2015 at 3:46 PM ]
MD--You seem to love Lockett more that anyone...I like him too. Would he be there in the 3rd? Also, do you see H. Anderson as redundant with Armstead? We are gonna get someone goood!
MD you cut off 48-50
2 things. If DBG didn't have red flags where would he have been on your overall WR board? And 2 can Odighizuwa play OLB in 3-4? I don't remember what UCLA ran
Paul Dawson, come on down!
I hope we get Dawson
Dawson for President!
None of those players taken with the first few picks. Great news for us
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
2 things. If DBG didn't have red flags where would he have been on your overall WR board? And 2 can Odighizuwa play OLB in 3-4? I don't remember what UCLA ran

He played DE in UCLA's 3-4. I think I asked MD this before and he felt Odighizuwa was best as a 4-3 DE.
Lot of good picks up there, MD, unfortunately we didn't pick any of them. We got the guy you listed at 83, but oh, wait, safety was a position of need. Not!

Interesting that Maddogs top 6 players were not picked at all in rd 2
If it makes us feel any better, we could pretend we took Harold in the 2nd and Tartt in the 3rd. See, all better!
Originally posted by Murphys1:
If it makes us feel any better, we could pretend we took Harold in the 2nd and Tartt in the 3rd. See, all better!

Good thinking...It actually does make me feel better already!
Share 49ersWebzone