LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

Todd McShays new mock draft

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't see the Jags taking a WR at 3 they just drafted a ton last year and I'm not sure they have given up on Blackmon. Also doubt Titans go QB there will be a trade there

I'd be happy with Waynes being he is BPA and I'll laugh if Perriman goes that early.

Them dudes tehy drafted last year arent' anything special and Blackmon is a huge liability. I like the pick for them. Yea I think that is early for Perriman

Lee and Robinson were both 2nd round picks last year (they had injuries) and Allen Hurns turn in some very good games as well, plus they just signed Thomas as their TE. They would be dumb to pass on Williams, but it is the jags.
There some major reaches on this board. I like Perriman but Miami will be nuts to draft him at 14. No need for Trent to reach on a CB at 15 either.
I don't see the Jags taking a WR at 3 they just drafted a ton last year and I'm not sure they have given up on Blackmon. Also doubt Titans go QB there will be a trade there

I'd be happy with Waynes being he is BPA and I'll laugh if Perriman goes that early.

Them dudes tehy drafted last year arent' anything special and Blackmon is a huge liability. I like the pick for them. Yea I think that is early for Perriman

Lee and Robinson were both 2nd round picks last year (they had injuries) and Allen Hurns turn in some very good games as well, plus they just signed Thomas as their TE. They would be dumb to pass on Williams, but it is the jags.

I can never fault a team for trying to give their young qb more weapons. Hurns is just a guy putting up empty stats b/c they were always behind. And the Thomas signing should have no effect on the wr position. .

I can never fault a team for trying to give their young qb more weapons. Hurns is just a guy putting up empty stats b/c they were always behind. And the Thomas signing should have no effect on the wr position. .

Okay lol I remember watch them play the eagles the 1st week and he blasted them for something like 100+ yards and 2 TDs all why they were winning. There defense sucked and gave the eagles the game lol. How does Thomas NOT effect the WR position? He is basically a WR because he doesn't block at at all...if they were smart they grab Williams or the top pass rusher. But like I said they are the Jags so who knows.
Hateit.
If we go CB and the DGB is picked next I'll be pissed.
I would love it if McShay is right and they get Waynes at #15. The guy is 6 feet tall and ran a 4.31 for crying out loud. And the consensus is that he's the best corner in the draft. When was the last time the Niners were able to get the best corner in a draft?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Ronnie Lott was the last... tho he was a natural FS..

by the way, do you guys know if this Wayne guy started across Gilbert last year??

I saw Wayne 3x this year and he wasn't all that... i really just do not like the NUMBERS on the combine...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Perriman, too. Al Davis is dead. Perriman isn't going #14, right? Am I crazy?

Looks that way

Trade up for Shelton or Beasley in that scenario.

• Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Perriman, too. Al Davis is dead. Perriman isn't going #14, right? Am I crazy?

Looks that way

lol
Originally posted by 9moon:
Ronnie Lott was the last... tho he was a natural FS..

by the way, do you guys know if this Wayne guy started across Gilbert last year??

I saw Wayne 3x this year and he wasn't all that... i really just do not like the NUMBERS on the combine...

Justin Gilbert, I assume is who you are referring to, played at OK State, Darqueze Dennard is I think who you're talking about.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would love it if Baalke drafted Waynes, has a good head on his shoulders for starters, fluid athlete who locates the ball well. I could careless what his 40 time was, I wish it was a 4.55 to be honest that way he would fall to the 49ers.
I'm not convinced from what I've read elsewhere that Waynes would be BPA there, and even this mock describes Peters as the better CB, but at tail end of round due to his discipline issues.

Like many others I could talk myself into liking this pick, but I prefer other options.
Originally posted by mrwoodz:
I'm not convinced from what I've read elsewhere that Waynes would be BPA there, and even this mock describes Peters as the better CB, but at tail end of round due to his discipline issues.

Like many others I could talk myself into liking this pick, but I prefer other options.

What other options? If you look at who's drafted after Waynes he would be the BPA. I'd say it's a pretty good deal when you can get the best player in the draft at a position as important as CB.

He has the size/length/speed of a shut-down CB and is by far the best prospect in the draft at his position....I'd be happy if he fell to us, but I doubt it.
Share 49ersWebzone