There are 246 users in the forums

Give up some love for your sleeper picks

We all have our attention on who the next best thing is. And someone outta nowhere catches our eyes. Somewhere, they stand out and you say, "this guy has got something"!

Who is your sleeper this year to be drafted higher than what's expected, become a good player at the next level more than what the pundits say, or someone who only you know will be a stud.?

Share your wisdom!!!
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Feb 21, 2015 at 3:55 PM ]
  • crew
  • Veteran
Lynden Trail OLB/DE. Norfolk State - 6'7 270lb. - 34 7/8" arms (Baalke kind of player). Possibly still on board at Niners 3rd RD pick.
Might have to grab him in lower 2nd RD.
If I had to give a sleeper pick, it's WR Rannell Hall out of UCF, the less heralded teammate of Breshad Perriman. I think he's severely underrated. Despite lacking the size, arm length, or timed speed of Perriman, Hall is far more explosive than his 40 would indicate. I loved a lot of what I saw in the games I watched with him. I see a little bit of Jarvis Landry in him actually. Fearless in the middle of the field.

I think his other workout numbers like his vertical (41 inch), broad jump (11'), and 3-cones (6.86) all matched up with the most explosive receivers, as other mid 4.5 and 4.6 runners did not have anywhere near what Hall did. In fact, his measureables in those categories placed him the Top 5, Top 2, and Top 5 respectively.

Hall had a great Senior Bowl week and I think he has the talent to make some noise on whatever NFL team takes him.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 21, 2015 at 10:53 PM ]
Originally posted by crew:
Lynden Trail OLB/DE. Norfolk State - 6'7 270lb. - 34 7/8" arms (Baalke kind of player). Possibly still on board at Niners 3rd RD pick.
Might have to grab him in lower 2nd RD.

Kid was used as a TE at the senior bowl would love to see what he runs
Share 49ersWebzone