LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 201 users in the forums

Daragon's 2015 Mock Draft (February)

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I still think there's a chance DGB is one of the first 3 WR's taken. I would be shocked if he is taken after a WR not named Cooper, Parker, or White. He would have to bomb the pre-draft interviews to fall to our 2nd round pick.

This is another draft where almost every player is projected to be taken well before you have them going to us.
CBS rankings:
Shelton 7 (1st)
DGB 25 (1st)
Tomlinson 50 (2nd)
Johnson 93 (3rd)
Rollins 31 (1st-2nd)

I do like the positions you have us picking in each round. I'd probably only pick up one WR and let Ellington and Patton battle it out for the 4th WR spot unless we can get a speedster like Dorsett, Crowder, or Lockett in the 3rd to pair with a bigger WR.

Does CBS do a good job of predicting draft stock? I may use them for my next mock.
Originally posted by daragon:
Does CBS do a good job of predicting draft stock? I may use them for my next mock.

I think they do a decent job - I trust them a lot more than Walter Football and I can't see full ESPN rankings. It's too early to predict with much accuracy right now, but I noticed a lot of people have very optimistic drafts where most players are falling significantly from where they're projected to go without having us reaching for anyone.
This draft is waaaaay optimistic. If it happens but it won't so . Rollins is not at all undersized by no means btw
First 49ers draft i've seen outside of mine to have Rory "Busta" Anderson! I think the kid can be developed into something special with time.

All your missing is a QB possibly an UDFA. I'm liking QB Austin Dodge from SOU.
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Feb 3, 2015 at 7:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
This draft is waaaaay optimistic. If it happens but it won't so . Rollins is not at all undersized by no means btw

His arm length (29 3/8") is a concern which should keep him out of the first round, but there's no way he makes it to the 4th round. I wouldn't mind his height (5'11) if he had average or better length, but he doesn't.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Really good one.. one nit-pick would be Rollins available in late rd 4? that's a bit too optimistic.

Agreed. Rollins doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.
Double post
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 3, 2015 at 7:57 PM ]
His arm length (29 3/8") is a concern which should keep him out of the first round, but there's no way he makes it to the 4th round. I wouldn't mind his height (5'11) if he had average or better length, but he doesn't.

His arm length isn't a concern because he makes up
for it with his hops. I think we all learned a lesson about judging someone by arm length, Borland says
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Really good one.. one nit-pick would be Rollins available in late rd 4? that's a bit too optimistic.

Agreed. Rollins doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

Super +1

I also believe (and I know I am in the minority) that defensive line is not THE top priority. I think unless someone wows at the combine and pro day...this will be a 2nd round focus.

I think the position no one is paying attention to is at TE especially if Davis is not brought back or is dealt. If so, I can see Baalke taking the BPA at that position to give us that developmental #1 guy. Someone like Devin Funchess comes to mind immediately that would be a perfect fit and he can line up at WR as well. Jmo.

Good mock tho the rest of the way. I especially like Tomlinson. Reminds me of a young Mo Collins...who was a good guard for a lot of years in the league.
I still think there's a chance DGB is one of the first 3 WR's taken. I would be shocked if he is taken after a WR not named Cooper, Parker, or White. He would have to bomb the pre-draft interviews to fall to our 2nd round pick.

This is another draft where almost every player is projected to be taken well before you have them going to us.
CBS rankings:
Shelton 7 (1st)
DGB 25 (1st)
Tomlinson 50 (2nd)
Johnson 93 (3rd)
Rollins 31 (1st-2nd)

I do like the positions you have us picking in each round. I'd probably only pick up one WR and let Ellington and Patton battle it out for the 4th WR spot unless we can get a speedster like Dorsett, Crowder, or Lockett in the 3rd to pair with a bigger WR.

I use CBS but not the big board just because Shelton is the #7 prospect doesn't mean that the top 7 teams need a run stuffing NT. A lot of the teams ahead of us need pass rusher, QB, WR, and OL.

Love the mock! any one that has DGB in the 2nd gets a love the FAs you went after as well. Odrick is seen as a tweener and best fit for a 3-4 DE. I wonder how much attention he would get in FA?

Green is intriguing and kinda has a Walker feel to him also I like the idea that he played with Kap in college...I wonder how SF will use Millard this upcoming year and if he might have a similar role though?

And I agree with everyone else I doubt Collins makes it past the 2nd....

If the off season goes like this I will have a big

I think they do a decent job - I trust them a lot more than Walter Football and I can't see full ESPN rankings. It's too early to predict with much accuracy right now, but I noticed a lot of people have very optimistic drafts where most players are falling significantly from where they're projected to go without having us reaching for anyone.

I'll check out CBS for my next mock. Thanks for the advice. As far as this mock goes, I just tried to approach it the best way I could with the information I had.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

CBS rankings:
Shelton 7 (1st)
DGB 25 (1st)
Tomlinson 50 (2nd)
Johnson 93 (3rd)
Rollins 31 (1st-2nd)

I use CBS but not the big board just because Shelton is the #7 prospect doesn't mean that the top 7 teams need a run stuffing NT. A lot of the teams ahead of us need pass rusher, QB, WR, and OL.

Love the mock! any one that has DGB in the 2nd gets a love the FAs you went after as well. Odrick is seen as a tweener and best fit for a 3-4 DE. I wonder how much attention he would get in FA?

Green is intriguing and kinda has a Walker feel to him also I like the idea that he played with Kap in college...I wonder how SF will use Millard this upcoming year and if he might have a similar role though?

And I agree with everyone else I doubt Collins makes it past the 2nd....

If the off season goes like this I will have a big

Thanks dude. I'll do a bit more research for my next mock in March. The combine will have a great effect on that one as well.
Great mock. I had the niners picking up locker in my last mock he would be a great back up and give the team confidence to let kap run. Only thing I noticed was Noah Spence has decided not to come out in the draft and is transferring. I do really like ur mock I have been thinking the same thing.
While I'm sure Baalke will try to re-sign Cully, I think it's a stronger bet he'll keep Cox. Perrish is really valuable to the secondary and would command a lot less $$.

Locker's a big risk...he hasn't been able to stay healthy. I'd rather keep JJ because he knows the offense and is another very mobile QB.

Agree TE help's needed...Green has a skimpy record w/Denver. Like Odrick...wasn't that keen on him the few times I've seen him, but he does have the size, strength & quickness.

For the draft:

I get Shelton's this huge body and all...but he's strictly an inside player. Tomsula's already flush with NT's...just don't see Baalke going that way. What I can see him doing is taking one of the top DE's...the position that's in transition. Ray Mac's gone, Justin might be...we all like to think Carradine will step into one of the DE positions. Right now, there's really nobody to replace Justin. Odrick would help, but I don't necessarily see him as a starter. Eddie Goldman or Malcolm Brown would be great picks...their size, versatility, and quickness would give the DL a big boost.

OT is the priority on the OL...not saying Baalke won't take an interior OL, but behind Staley and AD, there's nobody to push them as a quality swing OT. J Martin's not the answer...so they'll need someone to fill that role.

No issue with the rest of the picks, except getting a playmaking TE is needed. Not much behind Vernon and he's entering his contract season. Also, no QB...think Baalke will take one to develop. Overall, you've got a good mock.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Great mock. I had the niners picking up locker in my last mock he would be a great back up and give the team confidence to let kap run. Only thing I noticed was Noah Spence has decided not to come out in the draft and is transferring. I do really like ur mock I have been thinking the same thing.

Thanks man. Aprreciate it.
Share 49ersWebzone