LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 308 users in the forums

Best positions in this years draft?

What are the best/deepest positions in this years draft? I know the quarterback class sucks. I believe this may be another really good receiver class.

What other positions are suppose to be good in this draft? I know we could use some defensive linemen so I'm hoping we have a lot to choose from..
WR is super deep. Cooper, Parker and White lead the top tier, but there are about a dozen prospects projected in rounds 2-3 that could end up being big time playmakers.

CB is another position that isn't top heavy, but has about 10 prospects that could be had in the 2nd-3rd rounds that could be solid starters.
Kicker!
according to CBS: WR, CB

top-heavy: OT

some kind of deepness: DT, DE, RB.

very thin: QB, TE
I believe the deepest positions in the draft are : WR, CB , OLB
Running back and wide receiver.
So does that mean we wait on RB/WR and go DE early... I for one would not be disappointed if we got Gurley or Gordon because I believe both are elite...

Seattle giving Lynch top money > drafting Gurley or Gordon

Way better for Niner fans...
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
So does that mean we wait on RB/WR and go DE early... I for one would not be disappointed if we got Gurley or Gordon because I believe both are elite...

Seattle giving Lynch top money > drafting Gurley or Gordon

Way better for Niner fans...
Install a solid run-blocking o-line like in Pittsburgh or Houston (with Kubiak) or in Seattle, and your RB will almost always run havoc. Bell and Foster were drafted late, iirc Foster was even an UDFA.
Or look at Justin Forsett with the Ravens (Kubiak again, 7th-rounder), Lamar Miller (4th-rounder), Jeremy Hill (2nd-rounder), Jamaal Charles (3rd-rounder), CJ Anderson (undrafted?), Murray (3rd-rounder).

If we lacked at RB ovr like the Lions, I would strongly consider us to go after a power-RB in round 1 or 2. But we got Hyde; Hunter, if he is at 100% again, should be a very solid #3RB. Either extend Gore or pick up Ryan Mathews during the FA or draft a RB in round 3 or 4. That should do it.
Share 49ersWebzone