LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 245 users in the forums

Big Wide Receivers 2015 Draft

Isn't Funchess slower than a month of Sundays? Heard he was more of a H-back/TE type. DGB gets me really excited till I think about Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon. Lots of "ifs" and red flags to go along with Megatron and AJ Green talent. There is a ton of size and talent in this draft and we could trade back and get one or just get one in round two. Its nice to have some options and an earlier draft pick. I guess its a little silver lining.
Mayle's stats don't look right.
I refuse to fal in love with more WRs for Baalke to pass them all up. It was really hard watching Beckham Jr, Benjamin, Moncrief, Bryant etc etc etc having great rookie years and knowing that we missed out on an exceptional WR class. I am really hoping Ellington makes huge strides in year 2.
Originally posted by btak49:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by saniner:
Breshad Perriman is a monster. Runs wild and aggressive. Id love for the 49ers to pick him up in the third. He has big play written all over him. He fights for the ball, makes plays downfield, and is good after the catch. Sign me up!

Wow! This guy is totally on my radar now. Loving the size and watching him run away from dbs. Looks to have good hands as well. 100% endorsement.

I agree. What impressed me the most though was his ability to adjust to the ball. I think that is huge when you have a QB that isn't deadly accurate.

That guy looks legit. He reminds me of Dez Bryant. Similar size, explosiveness, ball skills, and big mitts. Definitely interested to see what his combine #s are going to look like.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Breshad Perriman is a monster. Runs wild and aggressive. Id love for the 49ers to pick him up in the third. He has big play written all over him. He fights for the ball, makes plays downfield, and is good after the catch. Sign me up!

Wow! This guy is totally on my radar now. Loving the size and watching him run away from dbs. Looks to have good hands as well. 100% endorsement.

I agree. What impressed me the most though was his ability to adjust to the ball. I think that is huge when you have a QB that isn't deadly accurate.

That guy looks legit. He reminds me of Dez Bryant. Similar size, explosiveness, ball skills, and big mitts. Definitely interested to see what his combine #s are going to look like.

I was trying to think of his NFL comparison and I think you nailed it with Dez.

sign me up. Looks good and wouldn't cost a first. What's not to like? My only concern is if he needs development, we don't exactly have a stellar track record with developing receivers (or choosing them, for that matter).
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
sign me up. Looks good and wouldn't cost a first. What's not to like? My only concern is if he needs development, we don't exactly have a stellar track record with developing receivers (or choosing them, for that matter).

The thing that stood out to me about him, in his highlights, was that he caught the ball with his hands pretty much every time. He looks like a natural catcher as opposed to someone like V.Davis that still has trouble not using his body to catch.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Murphys1:

Yes. I think buck used his 2013 numbers ?

Here Are His 2014 Season Stats

106 Receptions
14,0 Yards Per Reception
1483 Yards
9 Touchdowns
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Murphys1:

Thank you they are way wrong. For the past two years.

Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

The thing that stood out to me about him, in his highlights, was that he caught the ball with his hands pretty much every time. He looks like a natural catcher as opposed to someone like V.Davis that still has trouble not using his body to catch.

Very good point. He tracks the ball well and reaches out to grab it. Doesn't appear to have blazing speed, but good enough. Wonder what his forty time is?

Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Agree. Love the way he hands catches the ball from all angles & spots on the field.
Hey Buck do you have that kid from Georgia tech Wallers numbers? I know it won't be much because they don't pass but he definitely fits the BIG wr bill at 6'5". Just curious because I remember reading something like he was an man among boys at the Shrine practices and was open even when he wasn't because of it
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Hey Buck do you have that kid from Georgia tech Wallers numbers? I know it won't be much because they don't pass but he definitely fits the BIG wr bill at 6'5". Just curious because I remember reading something like he was an man among boys at the Shrine practices and was open even when he wasn't because of it

I think Waller could be a TE conversion project. GT requires their WR to do a lot of blocking.

he runs sloppy routes and had very bad hands.....he needs some work.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I was trying to think of his NFL comparison and I think you nailed it with Dez.

Scouts compare him to Kenny Britt...when I watch film he seems to catch the ball with his body vs his hands like Dez and his route running is sub par.
Share 49ersWebzone