LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 196 users in the forums

ABs 1 Round 2015 NFL Mock Draft

1 Round Mock Draft

1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon

- It's time for the Bucs to take their franchise QB, and I believe Mariota is just what they need, but they could take Jameis Winston here also.

2 Tennessee Titans – QB Jameis Winston, Florida State

- The Titans need a franchise QB badly, and Winston fits the bill.

3 Jacksonville Jaguars – DE Leonard Williams, USC

- The Jags have a huge need on the D-Line, and Williams is my top D-Lineman.

4 Oakland Raiders – WR Amari Cooper, Alabama

-The Raiders need to get a true #1 WR, and Cooper has all the ability to be a true, dynamic #1 WR.

5 Washington Redskins – DE Randy Gregory, Nebrsaska

- The Redskins need to add a legit pass rushing threat, and Gregory is a dynamic pass rusher.

6 New York Jets – DE Shane Ray, Missouri

- The Jets need some serious help with getting pressure on the QB, and Ray is my top remaining pass rusher.

7 Chicago Bears – SS Landon Collins, Alabama

- The Bears need help at Safety as Chris Conte isn't cutting it.

8 Atlanta Falcons – DE Dante Fowler Jr., Florida

- The Falcons could use an upgrade at DE, and Fowler would provide that, and some solid pass rushing ability.

9 New York Giants – OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa

- The Giants need to upgrade the Left Tackle spot, and Scherff would bring toughness, and some youth to the O-Line.

10 St. Louis Rams – OT Andrus Peat, Stanford

- The Rams need to upgrade the Offensive Tackle spot, as Jake Long is injury prone, and should be a cap casualty, so Peat makes sense here. They could shift 2014 1st-round pick Greg Robinson to LT, and put Peat at RT, and have two dominant Tackles for the next 10 years.

11 Minnesota Vikings – RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin

- The Vikings in my opinion, should let Adrian Peterson go, and draft the best back in the draft in Melvin Gordon. He is dynamic, and a pure beast.

12 Cleveland Browns – WR Kevin White, West Virginia

- The Browns should of taken Sammy Watkins last year when they had the chance, but they better not make the same mistake twice, so I have them taking my #2 WR in Kevin White. He is a polished WR, with good size, and speed.

13 New Orleans Saints – DT Danny Shelton, Washington

- The Saints could use some more beef along the D-Line, and Shelton is a big body, and a run stuffer, so it makes sense in my eyes.

14 Miami Dolphins – OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson

- The Dolphins could use some serious help at OLB, and Beasley brings youth, and pass rushing ability. Plus I could see Phillip Wheeler, one of their starting OLBs being a cap casualty.

15 San Francisco 49ers – WR DeVante Parker, Louisville

- I belive the 49ers need some serious help at WR, especially one with speed, size, and a deep threat, so Parker makes sense here.

16 Houston Texans – CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State

- The Texans could very well part ways with Johnathan Joseph this offseason, so Waynes makes a ton of sense here.

17 San Diego Chargers – OLB Shaq Thompson, Washington

- The Chargers could use some youth at OLB, especially after Larry English flopped on them.

18 Kansas City Chiefs – WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma

- I believe the Chiefs need some help at WR, especially with Dwayne Bowe a possible cap cut, and A.J. Jenkins not working out, so Green-Beckham would make a lot of sense here.

19 Cleveland Browns – OT La'el Collins, LSU

- The Browns have their franchise Left Tackle in Joe Thomas, but they need a premier Right Tackle, and I believe Collins can be that.

20 Philadelphia Eagles – CB P.J. Williams, Florida State

- The Eagles could use some help at Cornerback, and Williams would bring some speed, and decent size.

21 Cincinnati Bengals – DT/DE Arik Armstead, Oregon

- The Bengals have needed a pass rushing presence since they lost Michael Johnson in free agency last year, and Armstead is a solid pass rusher, and versatile, where he can play End, and D-Tackle.

22 Pittsburgh Steelers – CB Marcus Peters, Washington

- The Steelers need help at CB, especially if they move on from Ike Taylor.

23 Detroit Lions – DT Malcolm Brown, Texas

- The Lions have a huge free agent decision to make with Ndamukong Suh this offseason, and if they lose him, this makes a ton of sense.

24 Arizona Cardinals – RB Tevin Coleman, Indiana

- The Cardinals could use a home run hitter at RB, and Coleman can be just that.

25 Carolina Panthers – WR Devin Funchess, Michigan

- The Panthers could use some more WR help, and Funchess is a deep threat, he isn't a home run hitter, but he is a play maker.

26 Baltimore Ravens – WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona State

- The Ravens need some serious help at WR, as Torrey Smith is a free agent to be, and Steve Smith isn't getting any younger.

27 Dallas Cowboys – OG A.J. Cann, South Carolina

- I know it's not a sexy pick to fans, but Cann would be a great choice to keep building a dominant O-Line for the Cowboys.

28 Denver Broncos – WR Sammie Coates, Auburn

- The Broncos could very well lose Demaryius Thomas in free agency, so Coates makes sense to me.

29 Indianpolis Colts – C Cameron Erving, Florida State

- It's clear that the Colts are a solid team, and I believe they upgrade their O-Line, with Erving, who can play all over the line.

30 Green Bay Packers – DT Eddie Goldman, Florida State

- The Packers could use an upgrade at NT, and Goldman is a big body, and one of my top NTs in this years draft.

31 New England Patriots – DE/OLB Nate Orchard, Utah

- The Patriots could use some solid depth at the DE/OLB spot, which is what Orchard would fit.

32 Seattle Seahawks – RB Todd Gurley, Georgia

- The Seahawks could end up letting Marshawn Lynch go, but even if they don't, this makes sense for the long term.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Jan 25, 2015 at 9:21 PM ]
lm afraid your right that both Shelton and White are gone by 15.

What makes more sense for the Niners in that situation?
1 Trade up
2 Parker
3 DGB
Nice job AB
I could see this happening. I would be happy with Parker, however Seattle getting Gurley and Arizona getting Coleman would be tough to deal with.
Great mock. However I'm surprised you don't have Landon Collins going in the 1st. I'm also a little skeptical of PJ Williams going so high.
Parker would be fine w/me.

Fine job sir!
  • bors
  • Veteran
Would be bummed out for a short minutes with shelton and shaq going g right before our pick....but we do need receiver help.and we never draft nosetackles. and shaq is a question mark. Olb or ss?
Damnit, I can't believe I missed Landon Collins, my bad. I will fix it.
Modified.
Originally posted by Butter:
lm afraid your right that both Shelton and White are gone by 15.

What makes more sense for the Niners in that situation?
1 Trade up
2 Parker
3 DGB

No disrespect but I am just not a fan of Shelton. I live in Wa state and have seen him in college and in high school. He is big and he is a talent but he plays talk and takes plays off.

I don't see any way the Bucs don't take Winston...he's got a lot more to offer the NFL than Mariota, IMHO. Playing at FSU, Winston would put fannies in the seats and give Lovie Smith something he could really work with. I see his game translating much better to the NFL than Mariota's.

Agree the Bears need to replace Conte, but not with their 1st pick. A bigger need is their DL...I think Shelton would be a good fit there, especially in Fangio's hands.

I really can't argue w/DeVante Parker for the Niners...I think he's the best all-around WR in this draft. Also love Eddie Goldman, who you have the 'Bolts taking 2 picks later.

For the Colts, I think DL help is a bigger priority...look what NE did to them. If I were them, I'd jump on Carl Davis before the Pack does.

Overall, very good mock, man.
Nice first round mock. We think alike about how the fIrst round WR's will play out. Good pickup for the Niners at #15.
Best pick: DGB to KC

Makes perfect sense that the Chiefs add a big time receiving threat.

Worst pick: Eddie Goldman to the Chargers

No way do the Chargers need a DT. Corey Liguet holds that spot quite nicely. They need help on all parts of their offense, except for QB.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Best pick: DGB to KC

Makes perfect sense that the Chiefs add a big time receiving threat.

Worst pick: Eddie Goldman to the Chargers

No way do the Chargers need a DT. Corey Liguet holds that spot quite nicely. They need help on all parts of their offense, except for QB.

Ok then.

How about this.

Shaq Thompson to SD

Goldman to GB

and Orchard to NE?
I can see this happening if everyone stands pat, good work AB. However, I think there will be multiple trades in this draft
Share 49ersWebzone