LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 214 users in the forums

Josh Doctson - WR - TCU

too bad Baalke doesn't even look for offensive weapons in the first round....defensive lineman again maybe a db.... build the defense ...ignore the offense...same story past few years
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He needs to put on about 15-20 pounds. 190 at 6'4" is kind of ridiculous, that's NBA point guard build.

Absolutely. Maybe he's still growing into his body, because that seems very light for a guy his size.

6'4?

I thought he was 6'2
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He needs to put on about 15-20 pounds. 190 at 6'4" is kind of ridiculous, that's NBA point guard build.

Absolutely. Maybe he's still growing into his body, because that seems very light for a guy his size.

6'4?

I thought he was 6'2

I think his official measurement will be closer to 6'2" then 6'4".
good game by this dude, he keeps impressing.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Guy is a beast!!
  • tjace
  • Veteran
Best WR in the draft. Catches with pure hands gives him a huge catching radius. Decent route runner. Looks like a younger Boldin. A faster Alshon Jeffery.

We aren't getting Goff with the way Houston is sucking right now. I'd rather hope for a better OC/HC then draft the next Alex Smith early and have him deal with coaching changes.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
7. San Francisco 49ers: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

The quarterback class is filled with question marks beyond Goff, so it doesn't make sense for the 49ers to reach at this point. Instead, the future franchise QB gets one of the draft's top playmakers in Doctson who has the body control to make spectacular catches and route running to create separation. He was the nation's top-graded WR at +26.9 before going down to injury in Week 11.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/13/draft-mock-draft-2-0-cowboys-49ers-each-draft-elite-wide-receivers/
What's the nature of his injury? Will he be gone for sure in the first?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
early 2nd, please don't draft the guy in the 1st..
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Just a wrist fracture. I don't anticipate it being any issue. It's not like a knee or leg injury in terms of the long-term impact it has on him playing his position. It should be fully healed by now.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM ]

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Just a wrist fracture. I don't anticipate it being any issue. It's not like a knee or leg injury in terms of the long-term impact it has on him playing his position. It should be fully healed by now.

Thanks I'm curious if he can be had with an early second.

I'd be surprised. IMO he's the clear #2 WR.
Originally posted by genus49:

I'd be surprised. IMO he's the clear #2 WR.

I wouldn't say clear cut...CBS rankings has him as the 4th WR on their board

Treadwell
Coleman
Thomas
Doctson
2nd round maybe??
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
too bad Baalke doesn't even look for offensive weapons in the first round....defensive lineman again maybe a db.... build the defense ...ignore the offense...same story past few years

he is going to have to change his approach because our team's emphasis will be the offense. We have to repair that O-line and get playmakers to make the offense dangerous and then add depth to the defense so we can substitute players in and out to keep them fresh.

If i were the GM i would focus on Offense in the early rounds and going defense in the later rounds. In FA i would focus on getting a stud to help with the pass rush and the rest quality value players for depth.

The only defensive players i would like in the first is noah spence or forester. Jalen ramsy if he fell but no way in hell he falls to the 7th
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Feb 12, 2016 at 2:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone