There are 167 users in the forums

**ULTIMATE Choose Who the 49ers Select in RD 1 POLL!**

**ULTIMATE Choose Who the 49ers Select in RD 1 POLL!**

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by LVJay:
It might be Latimer only because he coached Morton for an hour and a half

Would Latimer be 100% healthy for training camp? Or is there a possibility he sits this year?

Yes, he'll be ready for day one... dude was healing but still ran 40-yard dash in 4.44 and 4.45 seconds... better get that dear antler spray from Ray Ray just to be sure

But on a serious note, I don't really think 49ers are getting him with their 1st rd (I don't think he'll even get picked in the 1st).

If we do trade up, I don't believe we'll do anything outlandish just to get one particular guy (not with this draft). We could move up some to get a guy like Kyle Fuller since Gilbert/Dennard are (supposedly) marked as higher than him in the draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dennard, Fuller or Verrett is who I'm hoping for.

Trade up into the 11-20 - Dennard or Fuller

Trade up - 25-30 - Verrett

I'm gonna be a little upset if the pick in the 1st round isn't a CB!!!

............but then I'll be over it, cause we all know this draft is loaded with talent either way.
Cooks or Fuller my favs
There are some of you sounding like broken records over your draft crushes, picking who YOU like and how you think the niners should play scheme wise and not thinking how Ballke's m.o. is, I personally have no clue, all I know is not to set my heart on someone and trust the front office to get it done so I don't get p.o. if the guys I favor don't get picked.

Some people are so fixated on only one position or player, they are gonna be crying and butt hurt and cursing on this forum because they didn't get what they wanted.

Look at last year and the 2011 draft. Lots of people didn't think we should move up for Reid before the draft and taken Elam or one of the other, same with Smith and Kaep, or even 2010. Just hoping the niners will get the most for the buck. I do hope they draft DB then WR, but won't be disappointed if it is the other way around as long as we don't mortgage all the picks to throw in one basket. That is the only thing I don't want, so no deal up for Watkins or Evans (who reminds of JJ Stokes).

I think though that if it is in the high teens it will be Beckham or Dennard in the low twentys then Fuller or Verrett.

I doubt that the niners go this way, but Verrett, Martavius and Baptiste would be a good haul if the are among the picks in the first three rounds. Which would probably require a trade up for Verrett. Dennard or Fuller in place of Varrett is cool with me, although not sure how much to get them in a move up.

Just hoping that as many QBs go in the top 15, top 20 so that whoever the niners target are we get them.

Hoping also the cowpokes are stupid again. I think though that 1st, 3rd and LMJ will be good trade bait with the Ravens especially. What do I know though.
It might be Latimer only because he coached Morton for an hour and a half

Would Latimer be 100% healthy for training camp? Or is there a possibility he sits this year?

Yes, he'll be ready for day one... dude was healing but still ran 40-yard dash in 4.44 and 4.45 seconds... better get that dear antler spray from Ray Ray just to be sure

But on a serious note, I don't really think 49ers are getting him with their 1st rd (I don't think he'll even get picked in the 1st).

If we do trade up, I don't believe we'll do anything outlandish just to get one particular guy (not with this draft). We could move up some to get a guy like Kyle Fuller since Gilbert/Dennard are (supposedly) marked as higher than him in the draft.

I am hoping for some, okay a lot of WTF was that moments from other teams, (to bad Big Al isn't still here, then again we still have Jerry. However, the Rams, Falcons and Detroit are the teams to watch as they could end up causing teams to overreact or at least send teams scrambling.
i am hoping for tuitt, but i like WildBills post. it's not important what i or we all want. baalke will do the right thing and i am very curious what happens on may 8th and 9th. just hoping i am not sitting in front of my tv the whole night just to hear that the 9ers traded back from 30 into the 2nd but i don't think this will happen.
After further consideration I like
Kyle Fuller and Jason Verrett with the 1st 2 picks with a safety in the later rds
I hope we get Odell Beckham Jr in the first. Louis Nix and Pierre Desir in the 2nd.
Anyone know if the live cam will be on in the Niner's War Room? I want to see Baalke lose his #$%^&* again!!! Well not really, but you catch my drift...
Move up and grab Beckham or Fuller.

interesting.. a lot of Verrett fans. I would be ok with him if we stay put.
If we trade up, Evans or Gilbert. I believe it'll take one to fall into the 10-15 range, which is looking less likely at this point.

If we stay put, it's Latimer. It'll be Baalke's way of righting the Jenkins pick. AJ was too soft, mentally and physically. Latimer is a big, strong WR that looks very comfortable making plays. I think we'll take Latimer and we'll get to hear Baalke explain how the film against Mich St convinced him that he could play against top competition and that he had the metal makeup to play early.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WildBill:
There are some of you sounding like broken records over your draft crushes, picking who YOU like and how you think the niners should play scheme wise and not thinking how Ballke's m.o. is, I personally have no clue, all I know is not to set my heart on someone and trust the front office to get it done so I don't get p.o. if the guys I favor don't get picked.

Some people are so fixated on only one position or player, they are gonna be crying and butt hurt and cursing on this forum because they didn't get what they wanted.

Look at last year and the 2011 draft. Lots of people didn't think we should move up for Reid before the draft and taken Elam or one of the other, same with Smith and Kaep, or even 2010. Just hoping the niners will get the most for the buck. I do hope they draft DB then WR, but won't be disappointed if it is the other way around as long as we don't mortgage all the picks to throw in one basket. That is the only thing I don't want, so no deal up for Watkins or Evans (who reminds of JJ Stokes).

I think though that if it is in the high teens it will be Beckham or Dennard in the low twentys then Fuller or Verrett.

I doubt that the niners go this way, but Verrett, Martavius and Baptiste would be a good haul if the are among the picks in the first three rounds. Which would probably require a trade up for Verrett. Dennard or Fuller in place of Varrett is cool with me, although not sure how much to get them in a move up.

Just hoping that as many QBs go in the top 15, top 20 so that whoever the niners target are we get them.

Hoping also the cowpokes are stupid again. I think though that 1st, 3rd and LMJ will be good trade bait with the Ravens especially. What do I know though.

I can't speak for everyone, but to tell you the truth I don't get fixated over one position or really one player. Do I have a favorite, yes I do, his name Darqueze Dennard, this poll was asking who I think the 9ers should draft in the 1st round. I've already broken down in other threads my list of 1st round hopefuls, but like I said, if Darqueze Dennard is there I think he SHOULD be the pick. Why you ask? Well, I think he's a very fluid athlete, with the playing style that fits the 9ers, leave him on an island while Aldon Smith rips through the O-line. Quick, fluid and physical, I think Dennard is the answer to a Doug Baldwin or Jermaine Kearse, two Seattle receivers that give the 9ers secondary big problems.

Not trying to sound like a dick here Bill, just trying to explain myself.
Gilbert>Dennard>Fuller
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Move up and grab Beckham or Fuller.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone