There are 247 users in the forums

Mods Mock (last one)

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Nice draft. Brooks will be gone by our 4th rd pick. Don't know if we need a 5th RB. Last 3 picks will have a tough time making the team.

Love the 1st 4 rounds, Hope we get that lucky. 5th rd on I would change most of it.

At first I thought the same thing, but when I see good Safeties like, Robert Lester (not drafted), Earl Wolff (5th round) and Reshad Johnson (5th round) fall that far it gives me hope Brooks will. All were just as if not more productive than Brooks in college, anything can happen in the draft.

As for RB, I figure the 9ers would take one for insurance on Lattimore and Frank Gore.
Like the move up for Denard. No way, they go with an OL in the 2nd. Not 'till after the 4th.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Nice draft. Brooks will be gone by our 4th rd pick. Don't know if we need a 5th RB. Last 3 picks will have a tough time making the team.

Love the 1st 4 rounds, Hope we get that lucky. 5th rd on I would change most of it.

At first I thought the same thing, but when I see good Safeties like, Robert Lester (not drafted), Earl Wolff (5th round) and Reshad Johnson (5th round) fall that far it gives me hope Brooks will. All were just as if not more productive than Brooks in college, anything can happen in the draft.

As for RB, I figure the 9ers would take one for insurance on Lattimore and Frank Gore.

They have insurance. Hunter and LMJ both of whom average over 4 1/2 yds per carry.
Would be happy with this.
Good mock--I like the NT and QB being addressed! Something I couldn't manage in my attempt. Not sure why they see NT as a stop gap kind of position unless they know that a really good NT is something that eats you out of house and home once the rookie salary ends...cap space eater? But I've wanted a monster in there for a while.

Also think Baalke and Harbaugh will want to develop a QB behind CK as insurance...though the trade for Gabbert may have solved that issue.

RB seems a year too early. They will keep Gore for another year and work Latimore in gradually...then Hunter, LMJ, etc.
I would love this. I love Dennard and Moncreif, but I would also be ok with Fuller and Mathews . I also agree that if we trade up Miami could be the team that we swing a deal with.
Nice mock
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Well, I guess I'll be the first to give some constructive criticism.

- Dennard. Good overall size and a quality CB...but he has just over 30" arms. Pretty sure Baalke's looking for longer-armed CB's. He could arguably stand pat or trade up slightly to get Kyle Fuller, a little bigger and just a tad under 33" arms.

- Yankey. Agree he's one of the best G/T's coming out (although pretty slow). That said, given the depth Harbaugh has, why use a 2nd rd pick on yet another OL. With Martin, Looney, and Marquardt, he's got talent just waiting for their chance to show it. I'd go WR...and Matthews would be my choice.

- I like Moncrief, but Matthews has a much stronger body of work coming out of college. Good spot to get a bigger SS, my choice would be Bucannon, who's a banger and can cover.

- You traded away the first 3rd rounder...which is where I'd take another CB..would love to see Baalke get one of the big CB's...my choice is McGill. With him, Harbaugh could really play some serious press coverage.

- Brooks. See comments on Bucannon. My pick: Scov, ILB from Stanford.

- Love the Herron pick.

- Instead of another RB in an already crowded backfield, I'd go QB, from among Fales, Thomas or James Franklin.

Good points made.

But I think arm length is a small factor when scouting CB's/DB's IMO. Look at Brock, Wright, Morris and even Chris Culliver who is just a tad over 31 inches, most of them don't possess a 33 inch wing span. They could very well be the starting CB's if the season started tomorrow and I'm pretty sure Fangio would be fine with that. Dennard is probably better or if not just as good as Gilbert or any CB's in this draft class in man-coverage or in run-support. Dennard is definitely the type of CB the 9ers defense needs. But with that said, I would be just as happy if the 9ers picked up Kyle Fuller instead.

Yankey added to that crowded group of O-lineman would only make them better, I think he's a much better pass protector than Looney, he's got good quick feet and much more aggressive at the point of attack. Looney in Preseason I've seen whiff on blocks, I thought Looney would be much more of a mauler than he's shown so far.

As for James White, again, another player that bring more competition to the back field. I have no doubt that Lattimore will bring it, but his two knees will be something to keep an eye on. And with all the trade rumors there are for James why not add or at least Mock another RB in the mix. What I like about White, aside from his 45 rushing TD's, he's only fumbled twice in over 600+ attempts rushing. I kept on eye on White because of my man-crush for Beau Allen who I just couldn't find a place for in my Mock Draft.
Share 49ersWebzone