There are 219 users in the forums

Aaron Colvin tears ACL during Senior Bowl practice

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/aaron-colvin-tears-acl-at-senior-bowl-practice/

Poor kid.
We could get him cheap.
He will be free falling a ways down the draft boards. I would love to see Harbs pick him up late and just let him rehab and sit,learn, and watch.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM ]
It's okay. We can draft him in the 4th-5th and let him rehab and learn the playbook and how to play d for the best team in the league. Silver linings...
7th round pick?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
7th round pick?

That would be great.
With 13 picks why not red shirt him ala lattimore and tank?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
7th round pick?

That would be great.

With a comp pick? He's been a day 2 prospect all year, wouldn't be surprised if he is even undrafted now
Originally posted by sfout:
7th round pick?

That would be great.

With a comp pick? He's been a day 2 prospect all year, wouldn't be surprised if he is even undrafted now

Really? Most things I have seen are late 1st early 2nd, and he was getting rave reviews recently.
Don't think other teams are stupid and not want to take him! He'll be a mid 3rd round to late due to the injury!
No way he's a third after the injury. He was at best a 2nd round look. More likely was a 3rd or 4th before the injury. At earliest a 5th now.
He would be a perfect late round stash for the 49ers. Good size and physical. They could draft a CB high and then draft him late.

Via multiple reports, which have been confirmed by agent Ken Sarnoff, Colvin suffered a torn ACL during Senior Bowl practice. While there's a chance Colvin will be ready to go by Week One, it'll be a tall order for Colvin to contribute much as a rookie, since he'll be rehabbing while other rookies are engaging in offseason workouts, training camp, and the preseason.

While Colvin could have been injured during any of those activities, his draft status would have been locked in before the injury. Now, Colvin will plunge — possibly out of the draft completely
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/aaron-colvin-tears-acl-at-senior-bowl-practice/
  • cools
  • Veteran
I had him on my Niner mock with our first 3rd round pick (Tenn)
Hope we still pick him up, prob 4th or 5th now, too bad for him, I like the CB's who can stop the run as well as cover, he was one of them
It's okay. We can draft him in the 4th-5th and let him rehab and learn the playbook and how to play d for the best team in the league. Silver linings...

4th or 5th? He was mid second to mid third, this might put him into the undrafted column completely. The 49ers could use one of their 5 trillion 7th rounders, red shirt him for a season and see what he's got afterwards.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
4th or 5th? He was mid second to mid third, this might put him into the undrafted column completely. The 49ers could use one of their 5 trillion 7th rounders, red shirt him for a season and see what he's got afterwards.

This please
  • buck
  • Veteran
Bad news for the kid. Wish him luck.
Share 49ersWebzone