There are 187 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

so does this mean that they didn't "burn" or get past the DB with speed/quickness?
Originally posted by sfout:
so does this mean that they didn't "burn" or get past the DB with speed/quickness?

It means Eric Ward,Brandin Cooks, Shaq Evans and Jarvis Landry made a lot of good CB's look silly.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It means Eric Ward,Brandin Cooks, Shaq Evans and Jarvis Landry made a lot of good CB's look silly.

What defines top 50 corners tho?

Also...did you get banned on bb or something?
Originally posted by genus49:
What defines top 50 corners tho?

Also...did you get banned on bb or something?

Top 50 CB's ranked by burn percentage, how many plays they gave up on attempts where they had primary coverage responsibility on the receiver.

No, I didn't get banned, just haven't been logging in there much.
I don't understand how Watkins is last???
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:

I noticed that too. Interesting.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:

I noticed that too. Interesting.

Technically he is tied at 4
I'd rather have someone else taking hits from Cam Chancellor than Cooks...

I know it's been said he's durable, etc, but he hasn't faced NFC west defenses. I keep banging the table for Jordan Matthews at 30, i think he's built to play in our conference and he can take over for crabtree next year.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

I know it's been said he's durable, etc, but he hasn't faced NFC west defenses. I keep banging the table for Jordan Matthews at 30, i think he's built to play in our conference and he can take over for crabtree next year.

He also doesn't provide you anything that Crabtree, Boldin and Patton can't already do. Cooks does. Its about adding an entirely different element to your offense. People also really need to cut out this "he's going to get broken in half" rhetoric. Seattle faced plenty of "small" receivers last season and most of those guys had very good games against them. None of them were "broken."

The hysteria about how hard a guy is going to get hit is just plain over the top. To hit a guy who is that fast and that quick, you've got to be able to catch them first, Seattle discovered that with T.Y. Hilton.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Cooks it too small and doesn't play anywhere near his timed speed. He won't hold up in the NFC West. He's overrated IMO.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He also doesn't provide you anything that Crabtree, Boldin and Patton can't already do. Cooks does. Its about adding an entirely different element to your offense. People also really need to cut out this "he's going to get broken in half" rhetoric. Seattle faced plenty of "small" receivers last season and most of those guys had very good games against them. None of them were "broken."

The hysteria about how hard a guy is going to get hit is just plain over the top. To hit a guy who is that fast and that quick, you've got to be able to catch them first, Seattle discovered that with T.Y. Hilton.

How come that didn't work out for AJ Jenkins? He's small and fast?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

What didn't work out for AJ Jenkins?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 6, 2014 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Why isn't Jon Baldwin any good? He's tall and big. That means he should automatically be good right?

See how silly your argument is?

Cooks is far better than AJ ever was. Better athlete and a better receiver. Cooks is small but very tough, strong, and has a mean streak in him when he's on the field (ala Steve Smith, Desean Jackson) - things AJ never had. AJ is pretty soft and played even smaller than he already was.

Also don't think AJ has that elite drive or motivation to be great. Cooks attitude, enthusiasm and his confidence gives me no doubt that he has IT. Think Cooks would show up to training camp overweight and decline to run the hill with the GOAT? Nope.

There's plenty of reasons why AJ didn't work out, it's not purely his size or speed.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on May 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM ]
1 thing you guys dont see is the guy heart for football which is why he will succeed over Jenkins and Baldwin they dont have the passion for the game
brandin cooks is a tough little sob
Share 49ersWebzone