There are 209 users in the forums

Jalen Saunders WR Oklahoma

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Im providing material for you. You can tell me all you want he is a 4.5-4.6 guy, but your wrong, flat out wrong. I find it funny you bring up my "source material" while always making staements like " i dont know anyone that sees him as a deep threat Wr" WTF does that even mean? My material is having seen him IN PERSON. How much have you actually watched him Phoenix? Be 100% honest. FWIW i have seen Herron play IN PERSON as well.

Since you like bets so much, and you are so insistant that he is "average" speed, how about this, Name change bet, he runs a sub 4.5 and you change your name, if he doesnt i change my name. Otherwise your just blowing smoke about his speed.

Deal.

Kind of a side note, but we can change our username on this forum?

No.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Dangit! lol
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I actaully watched this guy quite a bit when he was at Fresno State. He seemed fast. I would guess hes a 4.4s kind of guy.

Kyle Williams is a 4.4 kind of guy, but I wouldn't label him as a deep threat either. Saunders has always seemed more quick than fast to me, a guy who gets separation, has lightning quick feet, but not someone a defense will put a safety over the top on.

At this point I wouldn't be a big fan of the 49ers drafting him. If we are going to draft a guy at that size, he needs to be an absolute playmaker with blazing speed. Saunders is fast and like I said looks like a 4.4 kind of guy, but that's not going to scare any defenses in the NFL. Might not mind him later in the draft, but I wouldn't look at him as the answer for our deep threat.

Im not really looking at him as the answer to anything. I think he adds another dimension to our WR class going forward, thats why i like him. Phoenix is right that he projects as a slot WR in the NFL, and i think he will excell at that, but he also has the speed and ability to stretch the field. Im not looking at him as a burner type of deep threat, where thats all he excells at, he is a versitile WR, runs good routes, has good YAC ability, and has enough speed and ability to stretch the defense and keep them honest.

My preference in a WR is much larger bodies, but with only Crabs, Baldwin, and Patton signed through next season, i like Saunders as an upgrade to KW. Alot of people told me Ace Sanders would never be an NFL WR, but he hasnt done bad for a 4th round pick.

He wouldnt be the only WR i would draft, but in a draft were we will be likely targeting multiple WR's, he is a nice option IMO.
I actaully watched this guy quite a bit when he was at Fresno State. He seemed fast. I would guess hes a 4.4s kind of guy.

Kyle Williams is a 4.4 kind of guy, but I wouldn't label him as a deep threat either. Saunders has always seemed more quick than fast to me, a guy who gets separation, has lightning quick feet, but not someone a defense will put a safety over the top on.

At this point I wouldn't be a big fan of the 49ers drafting him. If we are going to draft a guy at that size, he needs to be an absolute playmaker with blazing speed. Saunders is fast and like I said looks like a 4.4 kind of guy, but that's not going to scare any defenses in the NFL. Might not mind him later in the draft, but I wouldn't look at him as the answer for our deep threat.

Im not really looking at him as the answer to anything. I think he adds another dimension to our WR class going forward, thats why i like him. Phoenix is right that he projects as a slot WR in the NFL, and i think he will excell at that, but he also has the speed and ability to stretch the field. Im not looking at him as a burner type of deep threat, where thats all he excells at, he is a versitile WR, runs good routes, has good YAC ability, and has enough speed and ability to stretch the defense and keep them honest.

My preference in a WR is much larger bodies, but with only Crabs, Baldwin, and Patton signed through next season, i like Saunders as an upgrade to KW. Alot of people told me Ace Sanders would never be an NFL WR, but he hasnt done bad for a 4th round pick.

He wouldnt be the only WR i would draft, but in a draft were we will be likely targeting multiple WR's, he is a nice option IMO.

Yeah he'd be a nice role player that could take over for Kyle Williams. That's why I wouldn't mind taking him later in the draft, as long as we get a beasty receiver earlier on that can stretch the field
Two solid weeks in a row from Saunders. Playing solid football right now, even though they got blown out.

Heres saunders two weeks ago vs texas tech. Plays much more physical than his frame would suggest. Lays some real nice blocks, and breaks a nice tackle.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM ]
7 for 95 and a long of 48 against Kansas state.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
got hit hard and fumbled though. Gotta have ball security.
He's going HAM against Alabama
I got busy at work, so i havent had a chance to watch his performance yet, but 5 receptions for 75 yards and two TD's, sounds like a good night for the kid in the bowl game.

Kid is a gamer, i know a lot of people are betting against him, but i certainly wouldn't.

Working against Clinton-Dix
His highlight 43 yard TD catch.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10234475

8 yard TD pass

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10234096

Sory dont know how to imbed the espn videos.

He's shifty, but could he avoid the excessive contact by a CB to create separation?
Share 49ersWebzone