LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

Robert Herron-WR-Wyoming

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by sfout:
Barrows twitter feed has a tweet from a purported Wyoming student. Legit account w/ years of tweets...claiming that Herron has been wearing a 9ers hat on campus for some length of time.

So he's a 49ers fan, not that unusual considering he's from Cali.

Just saying, from the way it read, he wore it to the pro-day or before/after it. So he is clearly doing some promotion.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
herron don't need no pro day. just watch the film. he'll be getting us some first downs.
This is a guy that looks good on film and has performed at every opportunity to showcase his skills (Senior Bowl, Combine, etc). If it weren't for the fact that so many receivers will be available, I'd worry about him slipping. Even so, with his speed and ability as receiver, I wouldn't be upset if Baalke took him with our 2nd round pick (62 correct?). He isn't the type to wait if he likes a player he sees and it usually works out more often than not for us.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is a guy that looks good on film and has performed at every opportunity to showcase his skills (Senior Bowl, Combine, etc). If it weren't for the fact that so many receivers will be available, I'd worry about him slipping. Even so, with his speed and ability as receiver, I wouldn't be upset if Baalke took him with our 2nd round pick (62 correct?). He isn't the type to wait if he likes a player he sees and it usually works out more often than not for us.

seems like a good chance he's gone by mid-3rd, so late 2nd works. he produces at that level; it's just his shortness that's the problem. he's a better player than that tall clemson dude but it won't show in the draft.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

seems like a good chance he's gone by mid-3rd, so late 2nd works. he produces at that level; it's just his shortness that's the problem. he's a better player than that tall clemson dude but it won't show in the draft.

Perfect number three. I hope if they do take him, they will make an effort to work him in. At least 20 catches.
I'd be happy with Herron at the end of the 2nd. If we got Verrett and Joyner in between we would have a nice infusion of playmakers and speed.
So:
1+3b. Verrett CB
2a. Joyner CB/S
2b. Herron WR
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
New video out there.

Share 49ersWebzone