LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 356 users in the forums

Okoye a DE or a OT?

experience and knowledge is key for OL. he would be better at just attacking whoever has the ball then having to learn a bunch of scheme and formations
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
experience, technique and knowledge is key for OL. he would be better at just attacking whoever has the ball then having to learn a bunch of scheme and formations

Minor change, but totally agree.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think he's best at DE for now. .. it is the easiet position to learn for someone like him.. he needs more football experience before they try him out at the OL position..

at the DE position, he can sub in during games and just have him rush the passer on passing downs... he'll just have to use his speed and that would be a great start..

if we we put him on OT, he'll have to learn more.. signals, language, protections and read..
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Yes, I see what your saying ....but honestly this guy won't be a factor for a while at either position.. It will take him 2 or three years before he even sniffs the field in the regular season..what I'm saying is where is his biggest upside going to be.. Sure he might make a decent d-lineman when its all said an done but like I said I do see some stiffness in his movements it might not work out..now u put him at offensive tackle an he has rare athleticism for a tackle an he may develop into a dominating pro bowl tackle in 3 or 4 years ..what would u rather have?. This guy is a huge work in progress no matter where u put him ..what I'm saying is where is his biggest upside going to be.. Just keeping an open mind about this guy. He is a rare situation.

You see some stiffness from him? When exactly did you see this? Considering he's never played a down, I don't know where you could judge that he's stiff. If Baalke, Harbaugh, and Tomsula all think he's best at DL, I'd go with their opinion before yours. Since they have actually seen him tryout.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by captain_planet:
One does not simply take a man with his measurables and turn him into anything other than a stone cold quarterback destroying machine.

Ah, you mean like Lawrence Philips? You think he should be a running back?

Through my tears I see what there you did.
You haven't seen videos of his work outs or anything??..Check out youtube and 49ers.com
Originally posted by English:
One does not simply take a man with his measurables and turn him into anything other than a stone cold quarterback destroying machine.

Ah, you mean like Lawrence Philips? You think he should be a running back?

Through my tears I see what there you did.

Lol I share your pain
make him a 300lb running back
Originally posted by Thechad49:
You haven't seen videos of his work outs or anything??..Check out youtube and 49ers.com

Are you one of the guys that base every combine on who you think we should draft? Again, he hasn't played a single down yet. YouTube and 49er.com videos mean squat til the pads go on. And I'd bet the whole front office would have a better guess where he should line up than someone watching youtube videos. Just my opinion.
It's the only thing I could bade my opinion on rightnow ..he has never played the game..I'm just saying based on what I've seen he has stiffness kind of like a offensive tackle ..I hope he pans out! i really like him..just giving my thoughts on what maybe someone hasn't thought about yet.. Just an idea to throw around that's all..

• LVJay
  • Veteran
IF (big IF) he gets a spot on the team, it will be back up d-lineman, imho... and I hope he learns/adapts quick enough so we can see him demonstrate in pre-season and hopefully in the regular season, as well.
It is good to hear he jumps of the line quick!! The timing of that seems like that would be one of the harder things to adjust too from never playing.. The more I watch him and hear about him the more I get excited about him..he just might be a good D-end for us in time. Will see...
D Line or jumbo package FB
DT
With someone his size with the speed that he has, you send him to get the qb, not even a question about that.
Share 49ersWebzone