There are 302 users in the forums

49ers or some team pick up Poyer and turn him into safety... just a steal right now..

• Jd925
  • Veteran
Geez.. guy is dropping and I'm sure it's because his poor measurables.... He's probably one of the top off coverage corners and you can turn him into a FS too...

For safeties, the main measurables are the 40 yd and 3-cone drill in which Poyer does pretty will in that class......... he just sucks at explosion drills. (30.5 vert)... a steal at this stage...
That feeling you get when you realize Rambo and Poyer are both still on the board >>>
That feeling you get when you realize you have to trade up to get one because youre at the end of the round <<<

If Poyer makes it past SD, Carolina, PIT, and Cincy, we better take him
[ Edited by martysofresh on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Jd925:
Geez.. guy is dropping and I'm sure it's because his poor measurables.... He's probably one of the top off coverage corners and you can turn him into a FS too...

For safeties, the main measurables are the 40 yd and 3-cone drill in which Poyer does pretty will in that class......... he just sucks at explosion drills. (30.5 vert)... a steal at this stage...

Poyer can't jump. A CB with a 30 inch vertical.....he struggled to break up passes and that is one big reason why. You're going to put a guy with a 30 inch vertical against WR's who are taller and better leapers???
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jd925:

Poyer can't jump. A CB with a 30 inch vertical.....he struggled to break up passes and that is one big reason why. You're going to put a guy with a 30 inch vertical against WR's who are taller and better leapers???

ok soo he does lunges and squats all off season and gets his vert up . He's a playmaker i see him getting INTs and making plays and has great awareness from what ive seen in his games. KR too?
[ Edited by martysofresh on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
Poyer will struggle to make an NFL secondary...Some Players just can't play on Sunday
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Poyer will struggle to make an NFL secondary...Some Players just can't play on Sunday

its the 5th round, some of these guys wont make rosters. This is the steal phase of the draft, maybe we get lucky, maybe a player is 5th round talent. You never know
Originally posted by martysofresh:
ok soo he does lunges and squats all off season and gets his vert up . He's a playmaker i see him getting INTs and making plays and has great awareness from what ive seen in his games. KR too?

LOL......yeah I don't think thats how it works. It's like saying "I could run a 4.3 40 too, if only I ran more sprints out on the track." :P
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM ]
If Baalke can get Poyer in round 6 this will be my all time favorite draft (you know... before seeing how it pans out). He's a solid CB. They guy can get it done on the field.

I'm shocked we didn't address CB earlier in the draft. We need improve play from our slot CB position to have a chance against Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin. I was hoping for BW Webb or Robert Alford, but I think Poyer could also help us in this area.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

LOL......yeah I don't think thats how it works. It's like saying "I could run a 4.3 40 too, if only I ran more sprints out on the track." :P

lol worth a shot. I think he woulda been a steal in the 6th round though. Needed to pick up a corner and he was pretty solid. Coulda covered smaller guys since he cant jump high. He fell extremely far though to be projected in the 2nd-3rd. Im sure we'll here something about him soon. Maybe Marcus Cooper will be one of those diamonds in the rough. Almost every player rounds 1-7 and even our UDFAs have soo much potential.
Share 49ersWebzone