There are 229 users in the forums

Rd 4 Targets

DB - By far our biggest need. We will not only target the secondary, but trade-up, or even reach, in order to address it. Especially a CB
  1. BW Webb - And he returns kicks? Probably #2 or 3 on my list
  2. Jordan Poyer - Along with Webb and Patton at the top of my wish list. Also, if we want him, we'll need to trade up. Likely using 2014 picks
  3. Philip Thomas (S)
  4. Tony Jefferson (S)
  5. Bacarri Rambo (S) - He's a bit of a gamble, but is also a playmaker. Can we gamble on more potential in this draft? He does have insane production..
  6. Sanders Commings - Very intriguing CB and possible S. He could actually slip to our pick, and could turn into a very very good pro at either position
  7. Josh Evans (S)

WR
  1. Quinton Patton (this is clearly--clearly the #1 target)
  2. Da'Rick Rogers (not as big a fan of him as others are, but WR is a need, and he's one the best ones left)
  3. Kenny Stills
  4. Ryan Swope

RB - While not a huge need this year, a good pay dividends later
  1. Jonathan Franklin
  2. Marcus Lattimore

DL - This has been addressed, sure, but if the value is too good to pass up, I think we can spare a late 4th for BPA if that's how things shake out
  1. Jesse Williams
  2. Cornelius Washington - This pick would be overkill, but if he's sitting at our 4th rd. pick, chances are the others on this list aren't. The value is too good in that case

OL
  1. David Quessenberry (G/T)
  2. David Bakhtiari (T)
  3. Barrett Jones (C/G)
  4. Brian Schwenke (C)

QB - I know this sounds crazy, but some of these QBs could be really really good pros if allowed to develop and have the proper coaching (which they'll get here)
  1. Nassib
  2. Barkley - the problem is that he doesn't need time to develop. He's just physically limited. But at the end of the 4th? Are you kidding? We almost have to...

PR
  1. Ace Saunders. Maybe a WR eventually, but we need PR and KR help!

I have a good feeling about one of them slipping to our spot as these players will likely go in the 4th as well:

1. Okafor
  2. AJ Klein
  3. Montori Hughes
  4. Mike Gilleslee
  5. Akeem Spence

Plus a handful of other unexpected names. My guess is that 3 names from my "targets" list will be available when we pick. My other guess is that we won't wait until then. Look for a trade-up if Patton keeps slipping, or for a DB. The only way we take an OT or a DL is with our comp pick, if the value is too good.
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM ]
Add Marquardt. That's the OT I see ending up here.
f**k it. Take Nassib. Hostage pick.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
f**k it. Take Nassib. Hostage pick.

Sorry! I forgot QBs... you're 100% right. If he falls, the value is just too good
Think we need a CB with next pick N a swing tackle at #131comp pick...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Agreed. DB is the biggest need. Sanders Commings is a perfect pick for us. We won't need to trade up a ton to get him (unlike Poyer who will likely go very quickly), and he could play as a big CB, or even start at SS next year...But can we really ignore the offensive side of the ball after finally finding a franchise QB? WR will be in play just as much.
Poyer, Thomas, Lattimore, Schwenke.

If e can come away with a couple of those guys it will have been an extremely successful 4th round.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

If e can come away with a couple of those guys it will have been an extremely successful 4th round.

I'd be shocked if we drafted Schwenke. Still seems like all indications are Kilgore and Looney are both looking great on the interior OL positions.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Agreed. DB is the biggest need. Sanders Commings is a perfect pick for us. We won't need to trade up a ton to get him (unlike Poyer who will likely go very quickly), and he could play as a big CB, or even start at SS next year...But can we really ignore the offensive side of the ball after finally finding a franchise QB? WR will be in play just as much.

Maybe a WR like C.Hamilton in tha 5th round N Brandon Kaufman in tha 6th or 7th round ... I'm sure u want Rogers but I ain't a fan of him to bad to great size but a head case ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I'd be shocked if we drafted Schwenke. Still seems like all indications are Kilgore and Looney are both looking great on the interior OL positions.

You may be right. drafting him would be an indication they arent sold.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Maybe a WR like C.Hamilton in tha 5th round N Brandon Kaufman in tha 6th or 7th round ... I'm sure u want Rogers but I ain't a fan of him to bad to great size but a head case ...

I am actually not a Rogers fan, but can't argue with the value in the 4th. I'm a huge Patton fan though. If we got Patton this draft is automatically an A+ for me... even though I wasn't a fan of our first pick
I've lost count of how many mocks I've seen that had Montori Hughes going to the 49ers. Ryan Swope can stack up with aforementioned group.
  • thl408
I don't know much about these guys but I'd like to see CB/DB fortified. If Nnamdi does well, he may be gone after the season. If Brown does well, he will be gone. Carlos is likely gone. Whitner is gone. Going to need an infusion of young talent here.

So yeah, DBs
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I've lost count of how many mocks I've seen that had Montori Hughes going to the 49ers. Ryan Swope can stack up with aforementioned group.

More DL? Unlikely. Only if the value is too good to pass up
I think Webb and Poyer go before us. I'd be cool walking away with Hawthorne as the CB in the fourth. Pick up Lattimore with the comp, and we can get whoever is left among Quessenberry, Marquardt, Fragel, and Bakhtiari in the 5th. The way the QBs are going, we could probably snag Matt Scott in the 6th or 7th. Then we can take a flier on a raw, talented WR (thinking Patton and Rodgers will be long gone by our pick in the 4th, anyway) and grab Okoye with a 7th comp to give the Mad Guido something to play with.

edit: crazy that Phillip Thomas is still sitting around...
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone