There are 189 users in the forums

PTulini's Mock Draft - Version 2.0 (04/17/2013)

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I like the mock Patrick. Would like to see us trade for a future 2 or 3 in 2014 draft, but overall a solid draft.

I agree, but I don't do trades in my mock drafts because they can be so hard to predict. I'm not good with the compensation.

I hear you, I try to never do trades in any mocks, especially overall nfl mocks, usually 3 rounders.
I expect Trent Baalke to be very active with draft trades. One of the comments I heard from him today definitely hints at him targeting quality players over quantity. As we know, this team is well stocked with only a few spots available.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]
I expect Trent Baalke to be very active with draft trades. One of the comments I heard from him today definitely hints at him targeting quality players over quantity. As we know, this team is well stocked with only a few spots available.

Not sure exactly which comment you're referring to, but I saw a comment about him valuing the #20 spot similarly to the #39 spot. To me that hinted that we are unlikely to trade up from the 31 or 34, and more likely to stand pat or trade down.

I see us consolidating many of our mid and low round picks into additional 3rds and 4ths. Probably coming away with 9 or 10 players and a future pick or two.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Not sure exactly which comment you're referring to, but I saw a comment about him valuing the #20 spot similarly to the #39 spot. To me that hinted that we are unlikely to trade up from the 31 or 34, and more likely to stand pat or trade down.

I see us consolidating many of our mid and low round picks into additional 3rds and 4ths. Probably coming away with 9 or 10 players and a future pick or two.

No, I wasn't suggesting that we'll trade up in the first round. I would honestly prefer to stay put. I am expecting us to do a lot of maneuvering though.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

No, I wasn't suggesting that we'll trade up in the first round. I would honestly prefer to stay put. I am expecting us to do a lot of maneuvering though.

Gotcha. Agree.
I'd be very surprised if Harbaugh moves either Culliver or Rogers to FS...Cully could do it...he played FS for Spurrier 2 yrs. But, they also value him as a CB. With the S's available in the draft, I'm pretty sure Baalke finds the guy they want (maybe w/exception of Vaccaro) and picks him. Could be Elam, Cyprien, Reid, Phllip Thomas or someone else they like a lot. Back to the mock, I like the first 3 picks, but I don't see Rambo as the answer at FS. He was way too inconsistent at GA, not to mention multiple off the field issues. Simon has nice size but is arguably better suited for a zone defense. With other CB's like Hawthorne, Poyer, & Ryan potentially available, I'd opt for one of them, instead. Ryan is especially attractive, as Rutgers put him on an island a number of times to man-up with opposing the team's best receiver and he met the tests. Really like the Washington and Lattimore picks. Wagner's a solid pick as OT.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd be very surprised if Harbaugh moves either Culliver or Rogers to FS...Cully could do it...he played FS for Spurrier 2 yrs. But, they also value him as a CB. With the S's available in the draft, I'm pretty sure Baalke finds the guy they want (maybe w/exception of Vaccaro) and picks him. Could be Elam, Cyprien, Reid, Phllip Thomas or someone else they like a lot. Back to the mock, I like the first 3 picks, but I don't see Rambo as the answer at FS. He was way too inconsistent at GA, not to mention multiple off the field issues. Simon has nice size but is arguably better suited for a zone defense. With other CB's like Hawthorne, Poyer, & Ryan potentially available, I'd opt for one of them, instead. Ryan is especially attractive, as Rutgers put him on an island a number of times to man-up with opposing the team's best receiver and he met the tests. Really like the Washington and Lattimore picks. Wagner's a solid pick as OT.

Thanks for your input!
This makes total sense as a draft. I would be doing back flips if it went down this way. I could nit pick, but the Niners get a DL who can play NT or the 3 or 5 technique. Harbaugh finally gets his Stanford player.

A WR who will be under contract for 4 more years.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
don't think they wait till the 4th round to get a DE a under sized one at that
Originally posted by Andra:

I was thinking Cornelius Washington could develop, but contribute as a situational pass rusher. He has shown flashes... I think DL Coach Jim Tomsula could help him improve his skills.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/cornelius-washington?id=2539232
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Andra:

I was thinking Cornelius Washington could develop, but contribute as a situational pass rusher. He has shown flashes... I think DL Coach Jim Tomsula could help him improve his skills.

you are probably right.I just have it in my head that we need J.Smith's sucsessor because I don't know if he will be back after next season
At first glance I thought you were beginning your mock by trading Boldin and McCoy.

I don't like it because I think Rogers's character concerns and lack of acceleration off the line make him overrated.
And also because I think Williams's miraculously sparse production at Alabama makes him overrated.
And also because Ertz is alright but nothing special - better value could be found in the 3rd-4th round at TE.
And also because I don't think we need another kicker.
But I like the Rambo pick, and everything else actually.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I think DE is a greater priority than a FS at the moment. Like I said who knows what happens. The famous webzone chant of moving Carlos Rodgers to FS could happen for all we know. Spillman is capable at starting. We are not going to be able to replace and have an impact at FS with anyone in this draft over Goldson. DE there are more than capable prospects that can make a difference. The problem is we are facing a lot of successfull heavy hitter pass happy teams this year. Getting pressure on the QB by allowing our DL to do their jobs and contain the OL so our LB's can rush in and gets sacks is a must no matter who we get at FS. We need rotation so they can stay fresh! We have to allow penatration and not be beat to the punch against these teams that throw the ball deep as in Green Bay, Washington, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, and make no mistake Indianappolis (TY Hilton and Luck were burners last year). We can not let those QB's back there dance around and pick us deep. That is why DL must be addressed within our first 3 picks. TE is our 2nd most important position I feel we need to address.

I think you are confusing Carlos Rogers with Chris Culliver

No I am not. They have been both mentioned to play FS. Everyone on the webzone has been on moving a corner they feel is underacheiving to FS. It has even been beyond the Nate Clements days. Culliver will be fine if people give him a chance. People were all over his nuts when he broke up the game saving pass over Jordy Nelson week 1 against the Packers and then by the time of the Super Bowl everyone hates him.

That was oozing sarcasam, im sorry LOL
nice work bro, this is why i think you need your own website.
nice work bro, this is why i think you need your own website.
Share 49ersWebzone