There are 289 users in the forums

Should we draft a RB? (2013)

Should we draft a RB? (2013)

Originally posted by Gore_21:
We have Gore and Hunter for 2 more years and James for 3. Definitely don't need to unless they feel Lattimore is too good to pass up if he would fall far enough. Other than that maybe a power RB who can play special teams and be an upgrade over Dixon but it's not necessary. We can wait until the 2014 or 2015 draft to replace Gore if we want to.

if eddie lacy fells to niners #1 pick, and the niners have filled holes at defensive line, safety and cornerback, i could see ballke taking lacy, who could be the guy niners have to carrye 20 times a game, with frank gore being a possible 2014 cap casulty to allow more room to resign the young tirks coming up to be resigned, kaeprnick iupati a.davis and aldon smith (not crabtree---i think he would be more easily replaced if he lfeft as a f/a than the others mentioned).
He is the equivalent of a 2-3rd next year at the least.
Originally posted by hofer36:
We have Gore and Hunter for 2 more years and James for 3. Definitely don't need to unless they feel Lattimore is too good to pass up if he would fall far enough. Other than that maybe a power RB who can play special teams and be an upgrade over Dixon but it's not necessary. We can wait until the 2014 or 2015 draft to replace Gore if we want to.

if eddie lacy fells to niners #1 pick, and the niners have filled holes at defensive line, safety and cornerback, i could see ballke taking lacy, who could be the guy niners have to carrye 20 times a game, with frank gore being a possible 2014 cap casulty to allow more room to resign the young tirks coming up to be resigned, kaeprnick iupati a.davis and aldon smith (not crabtree---i think he would be more easily replaced if he lfeft as a f/a than the others mentioned).

It seems like our running backs are strong. Do you really think we need someone else this year?
No. There isn't a player worth taking at our pick. Lacy isn't worth a 31 We would essentially be reaching for a player that plays a position we don't.need. Usually teams pick for depth, starters, or talent and Lacy would only be talent because.we have plenty of depth. He wouldn't even be the most talented player at our pick so Baalke/Harbaugh would have to really want him. This whole statement.can be applied to Taylor.

I cannot see us filling all those in FA with having 14 draft picks. Thats just insane and a waste of money.
Originally posted by juycho:

It seems like our running backs are strong. Do you really think we need someone else this year?

no the pick would be made to have an able replacement for gore in 2014 when he likely gets cut to mak cap space to sign the young guys niners need to resign or extend
We will draft a RB, but the only question is when. We have two smaller backs in Hunter and James, and Gore is long in the tooth for RB's. Look for a mid-late rounder in the 215-225 pound mold. Keep an eye on Taylor if he drops, or a later round pick, like Rex Burkhead of Nebraska.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by susweel:
yes draft one to take Dixon's roster spot

Can't believe I'm saying this because 365 days ago I wanted to see him gone but now I'd miss the goofy b*****d.

Dixon is a non factor coming into his last year of his contract. Getting his replacement ahead of the curve is essential. Dixon will be a middle class cap player that will be unemployed soon in the NFL. GM's have to have league minimum cheap players to make up for the big contracts.''
Share 49ersWebzone