LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 218 users in the forums

what do you guys think.....

i was just thinking to myself that since we didnt tag goldson and if we dont resign him before the draft if we could be planning to move up in the draft for kenny vaccaro or lile grant cohn says moving culliver to fs and moving up for xavier rhodes.....
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Stopped reading at 'grant cohn'.

Good policy
yea maybe but with 15 picks the move up for vaccaro sounds likely
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Stopped reading at 'grant cohn'.

Good policy

I approve
Originally posted by NYS49er:

I just don't think we need to move up. We can get a quality DE and S or CB at 31 and 34 and still have a load of high picks to fill a lot of back up needs.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
I just don't think we need to move up. We can get a quality DE and S or CB at 31 and 34 and still have a load of high picks to fill a lot of back up needs.

+1. I think we can get a safety that'll be just as good as Kenny V by staying at 31. Elam or Cyprien.
And then what? Draft 13 more midround backup players? We're not drafting 15 players. You can count on that. I think the 49ers will either move up or move out of the first picking up extra picks for 2014. Hopefully a 1st round pick. Even with the holes we have the roster is still pretty stacked and players at 31 and 34 are probably not both going to be impact players which we need with our early picks. We need a starting safety and with all these picks there's really no excuse not to get one of the top two in this draft and that isn't happening at 31 or 34. I swear some of you put way too much value on these late round picks. Everyone can be "groomed" or instantly put into a rotation. Good grief, judging by some of these threads I'd swear that there's atleast 50 players getting drafted in the top 15 picks too.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
And then what? Draft 13 more midround backup players? We're not drafting 15 players. You can count on that. I think the 49ers will either move up or move out of the first picking up extra picks for 2014. Hopefully a 1st round pick. Even with the holes we have the roster is still pretty stacked and players at 31 and 34 are probably not both going to be impact players which we need with our early picks. We need a starting safety and with all these picks there's really no excuse not to get one of the top two in this draft and that isn't happening at 31 or 34. I swear some of you put way too much value on these late round picks. Everyone can be "groomed" or instantly put into a rotation. Good grief, judging by some of these threads I'd swear that there's atleast 50 players getting drafted in the top 15 picks too.

There is a good chance we can get a good safety with one of our first two picks. Good safeties tend to get drafted at the end of the first round.

But, with this draft that may not be the case.

Also, you might relax, just a bit. Some of your comments border on disparaging other members of the board.
No reason to go there; it just builds hard feelings and starts fights.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM ]
Originally posted by NYS49er:

LOL, this draft is super deep at safety, there's about 5 or 6 guys who look like immediate starters at the next level. One position I REALLY wouldn't move up for is safety.
Having pick #31 and #34 will allow for a lot of trade options as players will fall and teams will want to jump on them. I can see something like trade #34 for 1st round pick in 2014 and maybe a late pick. Then we are still left with #31, our 2nd round pick, multiple 3rds etc. We can take a starting Safety/CB and/or DL help.

Still quality players via FA that may come at a reasonable price that can contribute on a rotational basis.

I just feel the #31 and #34 picks are ideal spots for teams to WANT to jump for a player who has fallen in the draft, and they will be willing to give up more than the pick is worth (high 2014 picks). There is never any certainty that using both picks will result in 2 starters anyway.

The fact 1st round and 2nd round are on different days helps big time!

Share 49ersWebzone