There are 192 users in the forums

Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson

"DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson WR—Scouts liked how business-like he was, and praised him for his intelligence and verbal skills."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Scout-Talk-5916.html

"Hopkins can give... a much-needed vertical threat on the outside of the field. Hopkins does a very good job tracking the ball in air, is a very good route-runner and is an explosive athlete with good speed and quickness. He could quickly emerge as a go-to offensive option."

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/02/2013-nfl-mock-draft-post-combine-projections.html/2

"DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson: A polished route-runner who plays with speed and physicality, Hopkins is earning first-round grades from some teams."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21787342/big-board-postcombine-thoughts-on-players-moving-up-down

Really hard to create separation between all the WR's but the comments about his interviews are encouraging.
Another great video. He's phenomenal against LSU, consistently high-pointing the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k
Thing I like about him is that he goes to get the ball. Bill Walsh talked about the "inches" that a WR has to work within and if he masters that, he can be successful. I think Nuke Hopkins has that it factor to go get the ball. Would love to get this guy,
I think he's the best receiver in the draft and it's not even close, really.
His measurements are great 6'1'' 214 long arms, large hands, then you look at his combine results slow 40, 2nd worse shuttle drill, 3 worse broad jump, no cone drill, but good reps at 225lbs. Then you watch his highlights, he catches the ball with his hands, gets separation, fights for the ball, and gets great YAC, almost opposite of what you see him in shorts. Hope he slips through the cracks like other WR who lacked the timed measurements at the combine.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Another great video. He's phenomenal against LSU, consistently high-pointing the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k

This was a pro display.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
His measurements are great 6'1'' 214 long arms, large hands, then you look at his combine results slow 40, 2nd worse shuttle drill, 3 worse broad jump, no cone drill, but good reps at 225lbs. Then you watch his highlights, he catches the ball with his hands, gets separation, fights for the ball, and gets great YAC, almost opposite of what you see him in shorts. Hope he slips through the cracks like other WR who lacked the timed measurements at the combine.
From what I've seen he doesn't get great YAC. You can tell he's not running a sub 4.4
Originally posted by eonblue:
From what I've seen he doesn't get great YAC. You can tell he's not running a sub 4.4

I agree, he's a technician. Runs crisp routes and has great hands. Won't burn a defense on the deep ball but that's fine we have Jenkins (hopefully) and Kyle Williams for that.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
I agree, he's a technician. Runs crisp routes and has great hands. Won't burn a defense on the deep ball but that's fine we have Jenkins (hopefully) and Kyle Williams for that.

For sure. He doesn't even need elite speed. He just needs to get stronger and perfect his route tree.
From Walterfootball;
Deep Speed:
NFL prototype: Mike Wallace, SteelersTavon AustinCordarrelle PattersonDeAndre HopkinsKeenan AllenTerrance WilliamsQuinton PattonJustin HunterRobert Woods

Recap: There a number of receivers in this group who have the ability to stretch the field vertically. Austin is the most explosive receiver availableand is a threat to burn double coverage on any route. He has the speed to beat double teams over the top and is a threat to score on any reception.

Patterson is only slightly behind Austin. When Patterson improves his other skills, like his route-running, he could become the best deep receiver from this draft class. Patterson is explosive out of his release and while making cuts. He also has a second gear in the open field to pull away from the defenders.

Hopkins made a habit of burning defenses deep throughout the 2012 season. He doesn't have the top-end speed or explosiveness of Austin or Patterson, but Hopkins is capable of burning cornerbacks running go routes straight down the field

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Norwalks_Best.
His combine workout didn't impress anyone it just hurt it
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
Thing I like about him is that he goes to get the ball. Bill Walsh talked about the "inches" that a WR has to work within and if he masters that, he can be successful. I think Nuke Hopkins has that it factor to go get the ball. Would love to get this guy,

Yes! Several times you notice him making catches because he doesn't wait for the ball to get to him, but rather goes to get it. Haven't seen a corner jump any of his routes yet. At worst, they hit him as soon as he touches the ball (which can cause him issues)
Even without top speed he is able to burn defenses over the top and get fantastic YAC. Not all about speed. Finds creases in the defense, and never looses balance. Seems to know where everyone is and uses that to his advantage

This is David Amerson snap but he's matched up against Hopkins #6. A lot of good tape on Hopkins blocking and its interesing to see how he does against a top CB. He beats him for a 60 yards Td and would've had another one but the guy got away with the most blatant PI.
" Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins ran a forty-yard dash of 4.52 at the Tigers' Pro Day.

Though Hopkins' two "unofficial" times at the Combine were 4.50 and 4.50, he was given an "official" time of 4.57. So the Pro Day forty is an improvement. Per NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, Hopkins' Pro Day receiving workout was described as "dazzling" by scouts on hand. With elite ball skills, Hopkins is drawing Roddy White comparisons and would be a great second-round pick. "

rotoworld.com

"...did his best to push himself into the NFL draft's first round, bettering his 40-yard dash time Thursday and putting on a solid pass-catching show in front of New York Jets coach Rex Ryan and personnel from 31 pro teams. ...Hopkins spoke with Ryan several times during the session."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wr-hopkins-works-nfl-teams-192909797--ncaaf.html

Sounds like he had a good day.
Share 49ersWebzone