There are 123 users in the forums

1st Rd. Prospect: Justin Hunter - WR (Ten)

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
the combine does demonstrate good hands. However, watch his games. Beside that how often is he gonna be running on the field by himself without a defender? Never. Another aspect of his game I dislike is how he tries to create separation at LOS. He's a big guy but tries juking out cornerbacks. Big guys should get physical. If he's available mid to late second round then sure. But I'd rather have Keenan Allen

Have you seen footages of him going up top in the end zone and beating out 2 DBs scoring TDs ? If you haven't you should watch his highlights again.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Rascal.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap2000000154393/2013-Combine-workout-Justin-Hunter

Looks like he's got some good hands to me.

03/28/13 - 2013 Tennessee Pro Day: All 32 NFL teams sent representatives to Wednesday's pro day at the University of Tennessee, where wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and quarterback Tyler Bray were the big attractions. Justin Hunter (6-3 7/8, 200) had a 40-1/2-inch vertical, 11' 6" in the broad jump, 7.19 in the three-cone drill, and was smooth and fluid. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

03/24/13 - 2012 Tennessee Pro Day: Hunter measured in a shade under 6-4, 200 pounds. He had a 7.20-second three-cone time and elected to compete in the vertical jump Wednesday despite posting an impressive 39.5" effort in Indianapolis. The explosive Hunter, who was characterized as having the flexibility and springs of "Gumby" by the league source, led all Vols with a 40.5" effort Wednesday. He also improved in the broad jump (11'4" at the combine) with an 11'6" effort in Knoxville. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Right on !!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I didn't know Hunter had a torn acl. Kind of ruins it for me.

Don't read too much into it. ACLs are very common these days and is nothing you can't fix, just look at Adrain Peterson. Does he look like a scrub to you after he blew his ACL ? The guy was 8 yards short of Eric Dickerson's all-time NFL record !!
nothing like AJ Green
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Don't read too much into it. ACLs are very common these days and is nothing you can't fix, just look at Adrain Peterson. Does he look like a scrub to you after he blew his ACL ? The guy was 8 yards short of Eric Dickerson's all-time NFL record !!

Everybody is different, but obviously he looks like he's come back strong from his tear.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
nothing like AJ Green

They are both built like tooth-picks.

I think he is a real possibility for the Niners along with Hopkins and Woods.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I think he is a real possibility for the Niners along with Hopkins and Woods.

But, I don't think he will last till 31st though. Just too many teams needing WRs. He will probably be gone in the 20s.
he is soft and is afraid to take a hit
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Says who ?

Says who ?

I guess some people think receivers should get right in front of a safety to let them hit him.

Any receiver in his right mind would slide to avoid getting injured. Doesn't make them soft.
https

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Says who ?

LOL. Don't mess with Rascals' Hunter.
I'm glad about this new "Hunter getting drafted higher than Patterson" hype. I think Hunter is more likely to be a bust, and I think Patterson is a much better fit for us anyway.

I'm not on the "WR in the first two rounds" bandwagon UNLESS Patterson is in reach. He would be our best KR and PR and easily win the WR3 role.

Everybody is different, but obviously he looks like he's come back strong from his tear.

Dr. Andrews mentioned that AP's knee was an anomaly. His exact quote:

Dr. James Andrew was astonished to find that Adrian Peterson's knee had as much wear and tear as a "newborn baby" when he operated on the freakish tailback late last December.

"I can't believe it," Andrews told Peterson's parents. "For this guy to have played as much football as he's played his whole life, and not to have hardly any wear and tear, it's incredible. I've never seen a football player, especially one who runs and cuts as much as he does, with a knee in that condition."
Share 49ersWebzone