There are 255 users in the forums

Scouts, Inc. Top 10 WR in the NFL

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I'm pretty sure this is only updated annually and may not even take last year into account yet, but take a look if you haven't:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Roddy White
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Greg Jennings
6. Santonio Holmes
7. Brandon Marshall
8. Mike Wallace
9. Vincent Jackson
10. Reggie Wayne

I can't help but notice that A.J. Jenkins compares very favorably to Jennings, Holmes, Wallace, and Wayne just in terms of size. He is faster than all but Wallace. And that's before we even get to his main strength: his hands. From everything I have seen and read, he seems to have the route-running and hands to turn into one of these all-around brilliant 6'0" WRs.

I agree with the Jenkins/Jennings comparrison. As far as the Wallace comp, I think that A.J. is a much better route runner at the same point in their careers. Even now, Mike Wallace runs primarily deep routes. I see A.J. offering much more a repertoire as far as routes go, so I would go with Jennings.
I'm just happy Jenkins is known for his good hands along with his speed. We need sure handed recievers. Smith would have looked better last year without all the drops from his targets.
I hope he will hook up w/Jery Rice for the Hill.

If Rice can mentor him, he'll have a great advantage coming in.

There is still a glimmer of hope for Crabs. His blocking really improved. Overall he improved - just a real terrible game against the Giants. I feel this is a make or break year for him - especially based on $$$ he gets.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I hope he will hook up w/Jery Rice for the Hill.

If Rice can mentor him, he'll have a great advantage coming in.

There is still a glimmer of hope for Crabs. His blocking really improved. Overall he improved - just a real terrible game against the Giants. I feel this is a make or break year for him - especially based on $$$ he gets.

I read somewhere that Jerry Rice thought Crab should lose about 10lbs and get quicker this offseason. I hope he listens to the GOAT, cause we could have a very explosive group with Jenkins, Manningham, Moss, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone