There are 199 users in the forums

Post Your Day 3 49er Big Board/Targets

I know there's a Day 3 thread general discussion available but due to the high frequency of posts, any rankings of BPA tend to get lost in the shuffle. Post your Big Board or key positional rankings if you are the 49ers GM.

These are positions and players that are (surpisingly) available that I see as being a great fit or need. Given the value and fit, if we don't bang the table for atleast 2 of these players today I will be severely disappointed/skeptical of our FO (and either our "BPA" philosophy or eye for talent). Rather than list an overall ranking, I am ranking by position. Also, please note that while we went WR in the 1st, we can still take another WR (especially given the exceptional talent available).

**Bolded have been selected
OLB Cam Johnson, Ronnell Lewis, Miles Burris
CB Brandon Boykin, Josh Norman, Chase Minnifield, Alphonso Dennard
S Janzen Jackson, George Iloka, Markelle Martin
DE Jared Crick, Malik Jackson
DT Alameda Taamu
OL Bobbie Massie, Ben Jones, Andrew Datko, Brandon Mosely
WR Joe Adams, Marvin Jones, Greg Childs, Devon Wylie, Nick Toon, Jarius Wright, Tommy Streeter, Juron Criner, Marvin McNutt, Gerrell Robinson
QB Kirk Cousins -> while backup qb is no need, he is such a great player/fit at the 4th round and I truly like him more than Kaepernick as a longterm answer

Please feel free to post or comment on your picks/players and we can specifically reference this thread to see who is still available. I will update my thread as the draft goes on.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
I seriously think Baalke's big board is 10 players long and of players that are guaranteed to be there. Every pick at every spot was of that nature (expected to be there despite much more talented players on the board). We shall see if Balke was right this time, but I think he's starting to get too cute with his selections. Look at how the Giants draft every year, it works.
Kirk cousins > Kaeperdick?
Okay...
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Kirk cousins > Kaeperdick?
Okay...

I didn't say he was better, just that I like him better as a prospect. I never saw Colin Kaepernick as an NFL qb. I am behind him 100% (even own his jersey), but I just don't like him as a west coast offense qb (whereas I love Kirk Cousins in the WCO).
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I seriously think Baalke's big board is 10 players long and of players that are guaranteed to be there. Every pick at every spot was of that nature (expected to be there despite much more talented players on the board). We shall see if Balke was right this time, but I think he's starting to get too cute with his selections. Look at how the Giants draft every year, it works.

It sure does appear that way, but we will never know what really goes on in the War Room. For all we know, Jerry Reese with the Giants may do the same thing.
Happy to land Cam Johnson in the 7th and I hope that we have Dajohn Harris, Chase Minnifield, Jeff Fuller, and Gerrel Robinson on speed dial.
Look at how the Giants draft every year, it works.
We shall see if Balke was right this time, but I think he's starting to get too cute with his selections. Look at how the Giants draft every year, it workshttp://www.avufo.info/g.gif
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Amen brother. He knew AJ Jenkins and Lemichael James would be available when they drafted them. Why? because he put a higher value on them than 31 other teams. As I have said all along, BPA is not being followed by the 9ers front office. I am a fan of not drafting BPA, for example taking an OLB with the 1st pick when you have two young starting olb's in Brooks and Smith, makes little to no sense to me.

Drafting a qb also made little to no sense this year, lots of qb where draft worthy, but probably would not have made the team, so it would have been a wasted pick.

I still think Baalke and Company would have had a better draft if they would have followed the zones draft board.
1. Fleener
2. Reuben Randle
3. Lamar Miller RB.

I like the above much better than
1. AJ Jenkins
2. Lemichael James
3. thirdround pick next year.
Share 49ersWebzone