LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 258 users in the forums

Day 2, 2nd Round Mock with Available Players

• dj43
The most interesting thing to me will be to see how far Janoris Jenkins falls. If he drops all the way to the 49ers, I would not be surprised to see them take him. He has handled his troubles in a mature fashion and definitely shown talent on the field. With Rogers getting older and the rest of the NFC West bringing a strong passing game, having a young stud CB learning from a vet like Rogers would be a very good future investment.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Ravens will take Janoris Jenkins. The freaking guy we should have taken.

Is it bad when I saw the AJ Jenkins pick on my ESPN stat line, I thought they'd misspelt Janoris Jenkins name
Need konz or Simatolu and my mock stays true..hehehe
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
As great as our defense was last year, I still think that it would be safest to start drafting for the future..

IF:

DL; CB; OL; RB
Originally posted by dj43:
The most interesting thing to me will be to see how far Janoris Jenkins falls. If he drops all the way to the 49ers, I would not be surprised to see them take him. He has handled his troubles in a mature fashion and definitely shown talent on the field. With Rogers getting older and the rest of the NFC West bringing a strong passing game, having a young stud CB learning from a vet like Rogers would be a very good future investment.

The funniest thing about the Jenkins stuff is bringing up the fact that he has all these kids. Like the majority of these guys don't have multiple children with multiple women. Willis Maghee just got a 8th different women pregnant.
Originally posted by 9moon:
As great as our defense was last year, I still think that it would be safest to start drafting for the future..

IF:

DL; CB; OL; RB

yeah for DL depth, i like Winn, crick, reyes, and harris in the 2nd/3rd. rds.
I heard the niners wouldn't even have enough spots for all 7 players if they drafted 7 soo I'm expecting the niners to have 2 2nd rd picks somehow. I'm wouldn't say that I hate the Jenkins pick..it's more like just deeply disappointed. We had Konz and Fleener on the board and took niether. I'd rather the rams take Jenkins from us than for them to take Fleener. It kinda makes me suspect that we're gonna release somebody or trade somebody. He has Kyke Williams' speed, but the height of Crabtree and hands just as good as him too. I guess they figure that "instead getting players that will become RZ targets, we should just get players that can score from 40yds out and avoid the RZ all together".

And I agree with the guy on the whole Fleener/luck thing. Why take Hill or Randle when luck can have his trustee and much need TE?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Is it bad when I saw the AJ Jenkins pick on my ESPN stat line, I thought they'd misspelt Janoris Jenkins name

Ha I did too. Wishful thinking got the best of me. I'm warming up to the Jenkins pick but I'd love to see the Niners go up and get the other Jenkins in the second!!
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM ]
I don't think there's any way the Colts don't take Fleener.
Luck and Fleener is a given. Colts need a TE

Originally posted by Sjceruti:

I don't think there's any way that Jim Harbaugh passes on former Stanford players...
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I don't think there's any way that Jim Harbaugh passes on former Stanford players...

Idk why everyone thinks just because he coached them in college he'd draft then in the pros...Pete Carroll does the same thing...it's just bad business to play favorites. Glad we got Jenkins.
Idk why everyone thinks just because he coached them in college he'd draft then in the pros...Pete Carroll does the same thing...it's just bad business to play favorites. Glad we got Jenkins.

That was sarcasm. I would pointing out the absurdity in assuming the Colts are going to draft Fleener just because they drafted Luck.
  • dj43
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by dj43:

The funniest thing about the Jenkins stuff is bringing up the fact that he has all these kids. Like the majority of these guys don't have multiple children with multiple women. Willis Maghee just got a 8th different women pregnant.

Disgusting, not funny. Don't make pro players role models. They aren't. I feel sorry for the kids.

BTW, I did not bring up his kids.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That was sarcasm. I would pointing out the absurdity in assuming the Colts are going to draft Fleener just because they drafted Luck.

Yea but it'd be hard to see him not being taken there...they need a TE...he's arguably the best in the draft...but you're right it would be dumb to take him for that reason alone
Share 49ersWebzone