There are 608 users in the forums

I've got Randle over Hill...Am I crazy?

I think Randle and Hill are about the same really. Folks are over hyping Hill b/c of his height.
Not crazy at all...while speed is always good, in Harbaugh's WCO good route-running is arguably more important. I'd actually like to see Baalke get Fleener for Harbaugh and get a WR later...like Quick, for example.
Out of those three shown, Randle is more of the Split-end WCO than the others for sure. Randle has shown that he can break tackles and YAC with the best of them. I see Houston takin' Randle or Hill. They may want the speed to pair w/Johnson.

Hill is very much raw. Randle is the better prospect, IMO.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Not crazy at all...while speed is always good, in Harbaugh's WCO good route-running is arguably more important. I'd actually like to see Baalke get Fleener for Harbaugh and get a WR later...like Quick, for example.

Fleener in the 1st, Greg Childs in the 3rd?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
So as many of you know, I'm not very keen on the idea of drafting a WR in the first round unless they have the chance of being an impact rookie or they're simply a steal...so I'd prefer Fleener.

That being said, if we were to draft a WR, I would prefer Rueben Randle over Stephen Hill or Kendall Wright. He has the size and physicality to get separation on those short to intermediate routes that the West Coast Offense is so reliant upon...he really looks like Hakeem Nicks on tape. Hill is fast but totally raw -- guy can't run a f--king route tree for pete's sake, and most niner fans think he's a lock superstar because of his 40 time. I have Floyd and Blackmon as equal #1 talents worthy of a pick around the #10 spot or so -- I think #4 is way too high for Blackmon.

So here are my rankings:

1. Blackmon

1a. Floyd

3. Randle

4. Wright

5. Hill

6. Sanu

7. Jeffery

8. M Jones

9. Criner

10. McNutt

11. Quick

12. Streeter

13. Jenkins

14. Toon

15. Broyles

16. Childs

Nope, thats pretty much how I have it. Id like to add another late round sleeper to the list. Jeff Fuller. Hes a big bodied WR that reminds me of Plax. Both are large "jump ball" type of WR's.
I've got hill rated as high as calvin johnson. Same Size, Speed, and Potental. I think he's the better prospect than any other wr, and he will have a great coaching staff that will prepare him for the game of football here. He also fits us, gives us a blocker, who can stretch the field...
Originally posted by mike:
Well I'd say yes but at least you put Wright over Hill. I still think if Wright is anywhere near our spot we go for him.

Baalke/McCloughan go by the same draft philosophy: Draft bigger/stronger/faster (especially with high picks).

No way we're taking Wright who is short/short arms and not very fast
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Baalke/McCloughna go by the same draft philosophy: Draft bigger/stronger/faster. No way we're taking Wright who is short/short arms and not very fast

dude he is a speedster

and he is the fastest wr on game tape

yes even faster than hill
Originally posted by mike:
Well I'd say yes but at least you put Wright over Hill. I still think if Wright is anywhere near our spot we go for him.

Baalke/McCloughna go by the same draft philosophy: Draft bigger/stronger/faster. No way we're taking Wright who is short/short arms and not very fast

Agree, also with moss, manningham, and crabtree, and kyle williams, we don't need hill starting right away's i think he be the selection. Than again i never shall aldon coming so we might be in for another shocker draft day.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

dude he is a speedster

and he is the fastest wr on game tape

yes even faster than hill

Haha, there u go again with his 'speed' He cant prove it on the same track as others at the combine. Maybe you can arrange a race between him/Hill/Randle/Blackmon/Floyd to prove it

Your gametape is very subjective. How do u measure it? How many games did he play against the SEC ?
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]

Haha, there u go again with his 'speed' He cant prove it on the same track as others at the combine. Maybe you can arrange a race between him/Hill/Randle/Blackmon/Floyd to prove it
omine 40 means nothing if theyve proven it on gameday if you dont believe me listen to any analyst or see any scouting report every1 will say he has elite speed

jerry rice ran like a 4.65 but played like a 4.4
omine 40 means nothing if theyve proven it on gameday if you dont believe me listen to any analyst or see any scouting report every1 will say he has elite speed

jerry rice ran like a 4.65 but played like a 4.4

Really? Name me an analyst that claims he is faster than Hill/Floyd/Randle ? in your gametape of Wright, was Hill/Floyd/Randle in the play and Wright ran right by them? How do u come up with Wright being faster?

Next thing you're gonna say is Wright is bigger/taller/stronger than Hil/Floyd/Randle ?

I don't get ur love of Wright. I really don't.

PS: I don't know why people always bring up the Rice 40 yard dash everytime they pump a slow receiver...year after year after year.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM ]
Really? Name me an analyst that claims he is faster than Hill/Floyd/Randle ? in your gametape of Wright, was Hill/Floyd/Randle in the play and Wright ran right by them? How do u come up with Wright being faster?

Next thing you're gonna say is Wright is bigger/taller/stronger than Hil/Floyd/Randle ?

I don't get ur love of Wright. I really don't

wright has the most big plays on NCAA
he has the most yards of any WR in NCAA

he has 50% catches and 40% yards of RG3 passing stats

when running combine drills mayock said that wright looked the fastest and the most natural

I don't get ur love of Wright. I really don't

wright has the most big plays on NCAA
he has the most yards of any WR in NCAA

he has 50% catches and 40% yards of RG3 passing stats

when running combine drills mayock said that wright looked the fastest and the most natural

U're bringing up college stats? Did u know there are different offensive systems in college?

Are u one of them 'stats' guys? Ever heard of that WR we drafted in the 1st round from Oklahoma state that had great stats a few years back? Hint: He's fishing now
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM ]
U're bringing up college stats? Did u know there are different offensive systems in college?

Are u one of them 'stats' guys? Ever heard of that WR we drafted in the 1st round from Oklahoma state that had great stats a few years back? Hint: He's fishing now

ya when evaluating college players you use college stats and you see how they look in game time

how else do you grade college prospects
Share 49ersWebzone