LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 205 users in the forums

Mel Kipers first 2012 Mock

San Francisco 49ersRecord: 13-3

Niners pick at #31 ( lets hope its #32)

* Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

The 49ers got much better production out of the offense this season, but I still see a need for a big target on the outside, something Braylon Edwards wasn't able to provide. Jeffery is an absolute beast, a guy who plays at more than 230 pounds and easily could top 6-foot-4 when he measures out. He goes up over corners and attacks the ball, catching it away from his body like a rebounder. The Niners struggled mightily in the red zone all season, and Jeffery might not be a burner but is the kind of player you can post up in the end zone to help solve that problem.
Not the speedy threat, but man - I would take Jeffery in a heartbeat.

Harbaugh would have this guy's work ethic turned around immediately.
He isn't speedy, but He would do. I had Jeffery as high as Jags pick during season when they were in the 6th and 7th range. Now I have him in the 25th to Denver I believe.

Sanu is my target, but he could rise come april.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

There's no denying his talent, but can you really change a person's work ethic? I mean, you can get them to buy in to a certain philosophy (team over self, etc.), but if someone's lazy and doesn't like to put the work in required to become a champion, it's darn near impossible to change that (just my opinion). It's almost a DNA thing.
We aren't picking #31. We are picking #32....
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

There's no denying his talent, but can you really change a person's work ethic? I mean, you can get them to buy in to a certain philosophy (team over self, etc.), but if someone's lazy and doesn't like to put the work in required to become a champion, it's darn near impossible to change that (just my opinion). It's almost a DNA thing.

Like, a 1st round receiver who would prefer to go fishing?
I wouldn't be terribly upset. Being around guys like Vernon, Delanie, Frank, Justin Smith, etc could really motivate Alshon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

but sandiego like woods, actually he said in a post that the niners would rue the day we let woods go
Can he play right guard?
Originally posted by cciowa:

but sandiego like woods, actually he said in a post that the niners would rue the day we let woods go

We did rue the day. Not as much as we rued the day when we drafted him though

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
He isn't speedy, but He would do. I had Jeffery as high as Jags pick during season when they were in the 6th and 7th range. Now I have him in the 25th to Denver I believe.

Sanu is my target, but he could rise come april.

Good point I dont think Ive ever seen a prospect go from the top rated WR to and end of the first pick in 2 months without being tested yet. But honestly if he runs anything less than a 4.6 I doubt he makes it to us when were on the clock.

I almost wrote his name, but assumed people would get it.

I almost wrote his name, but assumed people would get it.

Sadly, yes. I would like to forget it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
was that the same year we could have had lee evans?
Originally posted by cciowa:
was that the same year we could have had lee evans?

2004. The Early Dark Ages.
Share 49ersWebzone