There are 224 users in the forums

Landry "Lance" Jones, Oklahoma, QB

This draft could be a very very trade-driven one, thx to the thin QB-class and the rookie cap.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Oklahoma announced Landry Jones staying in school -- one less QB in April.

Guess he wasn't as good as some thought. He really fell off at the end. I don't see why guys from Houston are system QBs but not OU?
Who said that he is NOT a system qb?
Crazy. He and Barkley should battle to be top QB taken next year
Wow, him & Barkley staying. This QB class just went from a very stacked one, a month ago, to not nearly as deep.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Wow, him & Barkley staying. This QB class just went from a very stacked one, a month ago, to not nearly as deep.

That is probably one of the reasons some of these guys choose to stay in school. The more top QB's to declare the lower your draft position will be, unless you are Luck. Barkley has a chance to be #1 overall next year.

Logan from Virginia Tech is a stud QB too.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

eh, not really, 19/10 59% are his numbers.
I've never been impressed with Landry Jones. Did he start sharing time at the end?
damn i wanted seattle to possibly take landry, this guy will be a bust imo

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
I've never been impressed with Landry Jones. Did he start sharing time at the end?

No he just started playing terrible. Simple as that, he really started forcing throws and playing really erratic.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Don't forget about Tyler Bray from Tennessee, next years QB class is going to be just as stacked as last years, add in one or two breakout QBs like Newton or Griffin did in the last couple years and we could have at least 6 or 7 top 64 pick QBs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Guess he wasn't as good as some thought. He really fell off at the end. I don't see why guys from Houston are system QBs but not OU?

The system is he has top level OL, WR, RB. They help make the QB look good. You can see that when Ryan Broyles was lost for the season Jones fell apart. It is why I always thought Sam Bradford would bust (his rookie year was probably an anomaly). It is a reason USC quarterbacks fail.

I like Logan Thomas too. He'll continue to develop and will go high next year.
Surprised he went back to school
Share 49ersWebzone