LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

Early Season Favorites - Top QB's eligible for 2012 Draft

• mod
  • Veteran
Is it me or does this class look promising?
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Two incompletions? If it were Alex Smith, those two incompletions would be dissected down to an atomic level.
He would get grilled right on the field.

Wrong thread guys
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Is it me or does this class look promising?

Should be. Barkley, Luck, Moore, and plenty of other good prospects.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Aside from Luck, I like Matt Barkley & Kellen Moore.

haven't been too impressed with Barkley this season as far as taking that next step to the next level

........i'd rather take my chances with Kap than draft Barkley at this point.

Say it ain't so Fever.

At this point, I'd rather go with Tolzien than Kaepernick.

yup tolzien > kap.

lemme explain though.... not a big fan of barkley. he's better than kap, but i'd rather we take our chances with kap/tolzien and draft another position is what i meant.

Fair enough. I don't usually offer an opinion either way about a player, but I think very highly of Barkley. Aside from Luck, I don't think there's a more pro-ready QB in the draft. I'm surprised that several people here are down on him.

Re Luck: there's always going to be that guy.....

Re Barkley: I think more of him than Sanchez (who looked good today when i was watching) if that means anything......

I actually thought Barkley has looked mediocre early on. I bet he stays for another year so he can go to a bowl.

true.... maybe i just haven't follow USC enough
Still a ways to go, but still have Griffin as the #2 QB behind Luck.

Landry Jones hasn't put up very impressive numbers thus far (2 INTs last week vs FSU), but again.. still early. Tannehill is doing very well on the other hand, but his opponents have been Idaho and SMU. If he dominates against #7 Oklahoma State this week, we'll know this kid is likely going to be something. As it stands right now, many believe he will be a first rounder this coming April.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Still a ways to go, but still have Griffin as the #2 QB behind Luck.

Landry Jones hasn't put up very impressive numbers thus far (2 INTs last week vs FSU), but again.. still early. Tannehill is doing very well on the other hand, but his opponents have been Idaho and SMU. If he dominates against #7 Oklahoma State this week, we'll know this kid is likely going to be something. As it stands right now, many believe he will be a first rounder this coming April.

Landry Jones reminds me of Kyle Boller.
Luck
Barkley
Foles

/thread
question for the qb guru's here, who does RG3 remind you as an NFL prospect that was just going into the NFL Draft?

the highest comparison I've gotten is Michael Vick, again, as he was going into the draft
the lowest comparison I've gotten is Michael Robinson

so what say you?
Originally posted by spizzy:
Luck
Barkley
Foles

/thread

Foles.

Don't know what people see in him.
question for the qb guru's here, who does RG3 remind you as an NFL prospect that was just going into the NFL Draft?

the highest comparison I've gotten is Michael Vick, again, as he was going into the draft

so what say you?

no one?

so what say you?

no one?

I'm not that good at comparisons. Obviosuly he is mobile and can put good zip on the ball, but I think his mechanics are pretty terrible. If you watch his throws, he doesn't even step into them half the time it seems. I also don't like the offense they run as far as preparing a QB for the NFL. I'm a big proponent of putty a lot of value on if college QBs are developing the ability to make pre-snap reads and read coverages. His accuracy for me is tough to read, he seems inconsistent. And one of the tough things about judging accuracy in CFB, is you gotta look at when they have to gun the ball in with max veloctiy (which they will need to do on most throws in the NFL). So many CFB QBs that have "great" accuracy only have accuracy on touch passes. Well in the NFL, those touch passes get fairly easily defended.

I saw a website compare him to Nate Davis, which IMO is actually a pretty good comparison. But obviously Griffin has more talent and minus the learning disability.

I'm still pretty undecided on this crop of QBs. I like Oklahoma Sts QB but his age is a problem. Luck is obviously a great talent. But outside that, I'm kind of luke warm towards the rest of the group. I think Barkley and Foles are being over-rated and have been saying that for awhile. I'm looking forward to the A&M vs. OKST game, get a good look at Tannehill. Also looking forward to seeing Lindley play at Michigan.

I'm also a fan of Kellen Moore, I think his arm is strong enough.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM ]
tolzien > kap

k. moore > kap

l. jones > kap

m. barkely > kap

so what say you?

no one?

Don't know if anyone knows this, but the game against Stephen F. Austin was stopped in the 3rd quarter because of lightning. 48-0.

Anyways. Didn't see the question. I can give a couple comparisons. Donovan McNabb is one, but that's just physically, and Griffin is faster than McNabb was coming out of college. Throwing the ball, it's difficult to find a comparison. He's actually a lot like Ryan Mallett -- except without the perceived character concerns or tendency to get wild with the football.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Luck
Barkley
Foles

/thread

Foles.

Don't know what people see in him.

Huge, accurate, and a big arm
Huge, accurate, and a big armed
...Mallett is.