LISTEN: 49ers Drafted For Now And The Future →

There are 131 users in the forums

Time to reset (round 2 and beyond)

We over analyze stuff. we can still draft a QB but the starter is probably in Free agency. I think most of the rest of our draft will be shore up the D so its doesn't fall apart. we need to protect what has taken this long to build. so we need corners and Dline and maybe even another olb. the run game i think will also be addressed. Control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Paea, austin, powe, houston, acho, williams. I get excited for day 2 thinking about making the D more stout. a speedy RB would be exciting as well.
I would love to have:

1) Marcus Cannon TCU OG 6'5" 350lbs.

or

2) Jerrell Powe NT Mississippi 6'1" 335 lbs.

[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 29, 2011 at 10:19:05 ]
very nice, thank you!
  • dj43
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
We over analyze stuff. we can still draft a QB but the starter is probably in Free agency. I think most of the rest of our draft will be shore up the D so its doesn't fall apart. we need to protect what has taken this long to build. so we need corners and Dline and maybe even another olb. the run game i think will also be addressed. Control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Paea, austin, powe, houston, acho, williams. I get excited for day 2 thinking about making the D more stout. a speedy RB would be exciting as well.

NT is still very much a question mark with Franklin likely gone and then who???

You can never have too many pass rushers and until Aldon we have none.

CB and FS are still gaping holes.

OG needs help along with center.

Speed at RB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think this would be the best time to trade up, I mean trade back into the 2nd round. Lots of 1st round talent here.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think this would be the best time to trade up, I mean trade back into the 2nd round. Lots of 1st round talent here.

if we get a cb like d0wling williams or brown then trade up and get a NT our D would be set
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

if we get a cb like d0wling williams or brown then trade up and get a NT our D would be set

I don't see any NT worth trading back up for. I'd rather wait till the 3rd or 4th round and take Jerrell Powe or Sione Fua.

I don't see any NT worth trading back up for. I'd rather wait till the 3rd or 4th round and take Jerrell Powe or Sione Fua.

i though powe was a second round prospect

anyway i think harbaugh and f*gio are set on fua (being a stanford player and all that)

Stephen Paea...if he's there when we pick..that's who I am hoping for...BEAST.
My Day 2 Wish List, if we walk away from Day 2 with either one of the following (without trading up) I will be a very very happy man:

Rd 2
A 2012 1st round pick from a bottom feeder team
Andy Dalton
Ryan Mallet
Stephen Paea
Marvin Austin
Ras-I Dowling
Brandon Harris
DaQuan Bowers (too good of value, can bulk up some and play 3-4 end)
Aaron Williams

Round 3
Ricky Stanzi
Taiwan Jones
Demarco Murray
Kendall Hunter
Titus Young
Leonard Hankerson
Davon House
Jurrell Casey

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 29, 2011 at 11:59:31 ]

Originally posted by YungAce:
very nice, thank you!

Awesome! I was looking for something like this and was about to do the same thing.
Would like to get a combo of a rb and cb in round two. Let's say we trade our 3rd and 5th and lower 6th to move up in the bottom of the 2nd .
45) Ras I Dowling, Mikel Leshoure,
59) Johnny Patrick, Shane Vereen or Tawaiin Jones

Chalk it up. Nnnnnnniiiiinnnnneeeerrrrssss.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by YungAce:
very nice, thank you!

Awesome! I was looking for something like this and was about to do the same thing.

Impressive piece of work
I have created a top 100 draft list using the rankings from OTC, MadDog, Draftwatchers (AB), and Draft Scout. It's in an Excel format so its pretty easy to navigate through, lists are created to search. If you want it shoot me your email address.
Share 49ersWebzone