There are 280 users in the forums

Kalen Final Mock (Trades Included)

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Here we go....

Round 1
Carolina - Cam Newton QB - They need a QB, franchise has zero identity.
Denver - Marcell Dareus DT - Defensive HC in Fox, build around Dareus.
Buffalo - Von Miller OLB - Get a premier passrusher for a lackluster defense.
Cincy - Nick Fairley DT - They always do something weird, they like Fairley, they take him.
Arizona - Patrick Peterson CB - They take best player available.
Cleveland - AJ Green WR - Need a playmaker for McCoy.
Washington (Trade with SF) - Blaine Gabbert QB - New a franchise QB.
Detroit (Trade with Tennessee) - Prince Amukamara CB - Lions get ahead of Cowboys to take Amukamara.
Dallas - Tyron Smith OT - Their O-Line is old and not very good. Protect Romo.
San Francisco - Robert Quinn OLB - Get a potential dominant passrusher.

*Trades*
Washington gets SF's 1st, 3rd and one of their 6th round picks
San Francisco gets Washingtons 1st and 2nd round pick

SF trades one of our 2nds, one of our 4ths this year and 4th in 2012 for a late 1st.
San Francisco - take the best available QB. - Whether that be Dalton, Ponder or Locker.

Round 2
San Francisco - Ras I Dowling CB - Get a good CB prospect. CB depth much improved, Spencer, Dowling, Clements, Brown.

Round 4
San Francisco - Sione Fua NT - Franklin ends up getting franchised and we have Fua learn and play some this year. Then next season, Fua and RJF compete for starting job.

Round 5
San Francisco - Owen Marecic FB - Usual pick here

And BPA the rest.
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Apr 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I figure with these trades we can leave day 2 with a great pass rushing prospect, one of the better QB prospects and a solid CB prospect. We still have a healthy amount of picks on day 3 to add further depth.
You added 2 of my favorite players in this draft, Quinn and Dowling. Sign me up!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
You added 2 of my favorite players in this draft, Quinn and Dowling. Sign me up!

I'm still a little hesitant on Quinn, but I figure if we can leave Friday having Quinn, Ponder (Dalton/Locker) and Dowling. I would be very happy.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:

I'm still a little hesitant on Quinn, but I figure if we can leave Friday having Quinn, Ponder (Dalton/Locker) and Dowling. I would be very happy.

I would even add QB Colin Kaepernick into that QB mix. Personally, I have a feeling that is who Harbaugh is targeting.
The dude abides.
It would be great if we can make the trade. The only thing I keep thinking about with any trade is that it might be more worth while to just keep all the picks we acquire instead of trading again into the end of the first. We could draft Quinn at 10 and then try for our QB with Washingtons 2nd or just take the QB at 10 although it seems early and then you have 2 2nd round picks left. We could still get Dowling and then a NT or OLB or whoever.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
It would be great if we can make the trade. The only thing I keep thinking about with any trade is that it might be more worth while to just keep all the picks we acquire instead of trading again into the end of the first. We could draft Quinn at 10 and then try for our QB with Washingtons 2nd or just take the QB at 10 although it seems early and then you have 2 2nd round picks left. We could still get Dowling and then a NT or OLB or whoever.

I just think there are too many QB starved teams to risk just standing pat.
We are drafting a qb in the first 4 rounds.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
We are drafting a qb in the first 4 rounds.

I know, I have us trading back up into the 1st to take a QB

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I see my mock as the same as Tico's but instead of Stanzi we are getting a higher rated QB, at the expense of some later round picks.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Gabbert was there at 7, Harbaugh may jump on it.

It really all depends on what he thinks of Gabbert....he may think enough him to want to forgo all the uncertainties of horse trading to get your guy later.
I like it, and I hope that's how it plays out; we get an elite player at a position on need and we get the trading power to get back into the second for our QB of the future, followed by a borderline 1st round CB prospect!

And then Baalke pulls Carson Palmer and Nmandi Asumougha out of his a**!

Championship ... Next year
WOULD REALLY LOVVE THIS TO PLAY OUT!!!!

This is a A+ draft for the niners! It makes sense. too one of the Si guys has the niners trading back. I think all these picks make sense so If we are off to a New beginning here with gm and coach.. lets hope to god they get this draft right.

dalton is my pick for qb

Owen is a must have knows the Offense and can catch ...day one starter later Moron.

Quinn would start day one adn the DB would should puss to start , nickel starter for sure.

NT is gonna be a huge need. doubtful franklin stays.

still need qb to start and groom dalton. Hopefully its Palmer, Hassleback, If not Smith ...hey ya never know.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Gabbert was there at 7, Harbaugh may jump on it.

It really all depends on what he thinks of Gabbert....he may think enough him to want to forgo all the uncertainties of horse trading to get your guy later.

True. Hey the draft is gonna be crazy. It always is. Who knows what will happen
Share 49ersWebzone