LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 202 users in the forums

? for all the draft guys

Looking at the db's to come out in recent drafts. where would prince fit in? I'm looking for some context with the possibility we take him at 7. Would he be ranked higher than say Eric berry. How does he compare to Revis coming out of college. I know safety and corner are different.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Looking at the db's to come out in recent drafts. where would prince fit in? I'm looking for some context with the possibility we take him at 7. Would he be ranked higher than say Eric berry. How does he compare to Revis coming out of college. I know safety and corner are different.

I wouldnt say he is Revis, But Prince Amukamara is a good bet for a star in the nfl at the cb spot.

If I had a choice for the team and Peterson isnt there, i would go Prince.

And IMO i think he is as good or better a prospect than Eric Berry last yr.
he is definitely one of the best to come out in a whilem
Here's a different perspective on Amukamara:

Wes Bunting of NFP
Quote:
When watching tape of Nebraska this season I got the feeling that opposing receivers and offenses were more confident at times throwing the football at Amukamara than they were at his counterpart, CB Alfonzo Dennard, who was far and away the more physical of the two in press coverage. And my theory took on even more traction when talking with Nebraska wideout Niles Paul at the Senior Bowl and he confirmed what I saw on tape, commenting that is was Dennard who was the tougher corner to match up against in practice compared to Amukamara.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/senior-bowl-standout-miller-stood-out-on-film/
Quote:
“They have a great scheme there,” Long said. “And they played a lot of man, so when you play a lot of man, obviously you’ve got a lot of confidence in your corners. But they would wrap guys over the top to protect him a little bit. I don’t know how much he stood out to us. But I think he’s a good football player. He didn’t stand out as much as Von Miller did at his position, but he can play.”
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Here's a different perspective on Amukamara:

Wes Bunting of NFP
Quote:
When watching tape of Nebraska this season I got the feeling that opposing receivers and offenses were more confident at times throwing the football at Amukamara than they were at his counterpart, CB Alfonzo Dennard, who was far and away the more physical of the two in press coverage. And my theory took on even more traction when talking with Nebraska wideout Niles Paul at the Senior Bowl and he confirmed what I saw on tape, commenting that is was Dennard who was the tougher corner to match up against in practice compared to Amukamara.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/01/inside-the-49ers/senior-bowl-standout-miller-stood-out-on-film/
Quote:
“They have a great scheme there,” Long said. “And they played a lot of man, so when you play a lot of man, obviously you’ve got a lot of confidence in your corners. But they would wrap guys over the top to protect him a little bit. I don’t know how much he stood out to us. But I think he’s a good football player. He didn’t stand out as much as Von Miller did at his position, but he can play.”

This Wes Bunting guy is the biggest dips**t. He's the Skip Bayless of draft scouts. He just says outlandish things, tries to get people talking. This guy is an idiot.
Share 49ersWebzone