LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 203 users in the forums

Travisty's Non-Travesty Mock

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
My favorite mock so far. I also like how you double up at QB, OLB, and CB. I would even add another corner in free agency because I think the secondary needs that much of an overhaul. Especially if Clemens gets cut.

Im a Seminoles fan and being from Hawaii, watch alot of WAC football. So I love the Ponder and Moch picks. Like everyone said tho, I just hope they last that long.

Good job on a well thought out mock!

I agree. I think the more CBs the better. And with Clements being up in the air, we definitely will need help.

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
How you gonna go steal 2 of my mid round sleepers like that???
That say great minds think alike. As long as we pick another CB to go along with Skrine, I think it'd be great. Buster's definitely a speedster, which we're lacking in the secondary. And Bruce Miller, what can I say, he's heck of a football player. I think a lot of people get caught up in the measurables of people to much and forget about seeing what a player has done and will do. And Miller definitely has shown he can do it, year and year out.

Yeah, been tooting the Bruce Miller horn for a while, though after seeing him do so poorly in linebacker drills I could see why scouts have him tabbed as a later round prospect. But his raw ability -- that strength and hustle and motor -- and his ceiling makes him a potential super steal. I hope we look at him and see a guy who can contribute in the future, and that we can coach up to do so.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
My favorite mock so far. I also like how you double up at QB, OLB, and CB. I would even add another corner in free agency because I think the secondary needs that much of an overhaul. Especially if Clemens gets cut.

Im a Seminoles fan and being from Hawaii, watch alot of WAC football. So I love the Ponder and Moch picks. Like everyone said tho, I just hope they last that long.

I agree. I think the more CBs the better. And with Clements being up in the air, we definitely will need help.

That say great minds think alike. As long as we pick another CB to go along with Skrine, I think it'd be great. Buster's definitely a speedster, which we're lacking in the secondary. And Bruce Miller, what can I say, he's heck of a football player. I think a lot of people get caught up in the measurables of people to much and forget about seeing what a player has done and will do. And Miller definitely has shown he can do it, year and year out.

Yeah, been tooting the Bruce Miller horn for a while, though after seeing him do so poorly in linebacker drills I could see why scouts have him tabbed as a later round prospect. But his raw ability -- that strength and hustle and motor -- and his ceiling makes him a potential super steal. I hope we look at him and see a guy who can contribute in the future, and that we can coach up to do so.

I 100% agree. He doesn't look great like Von Miller, but you can't measure heart. And that kid plays hard and his strength is crazy. I'd definitely love to see what he could do for us.

I agree. I think the more CBs the better. And with Clements being up in the air, we definitely will need help. Being a WAC fan, you should know about a CB I think may be a UDFA we should take a look at...... Brandyn Thompson. He's had 12 INTs the last 3 years. He's small though 5'9, 190. But I think he'd be a good pickup as an UDFA and could compete for a PS spot at least.

Yeah I know of him...

And I hate him lol. Him and Winterswyk piss me off

Nah but he's really good and would love to bring him in as a UDFA. Would even spend a late pick on him if it ends up making sense to do so. Mikell, Carr, Scandrick, Wilson...all pretty good players. They're doing sumtin right over there.

Even like Jeremy Avery as a UDFA too. Would probably have to put on some weight, but I think he could surprise as a #3 RB.

I agree. I think the more CBs the better. And with Clements being up in the air, we definitely will need help. Being a WAC fan, you should know about a CB I think may be a UDFA we should take a look at...... Brandyn Thompson. He's had 12 INTs the last 3 years. He's small though 5'9, 190. But I think he'd be a good pickup as an UDFA and could compete for a PS spot at least.

Yeah I know of him...

Nah but he's really good and would love to bring him in as a UDFA. Would even spend a late pick on him if it ends up making sense to do so. Mikell, Carr, Scandrick, Wilson...all pretty good players. They're doing sumtin right over there.

Even like Jeremy Avery as a UDFA too. Would probably have to put on some weight, but I think he could surprise as a #3 RB.

Lol if your a Hawaii fan, I definetely see why you'd hate him. Lol. Avery is Noel Devine size, but I could still see him doing well. He didn't get many as many carries this year because of Doug Martin, but still had 11 TDs. That's a crazy amount for how few carries he had this year. But you know he can rush, he proved that in '09 with 1000+ yards rushing.
Originally posted by valrod33:
One of the better mocks ive seen. Id cream my pants if our draft went like that

Yeah I know of him...

Lol if your a Hawaii fan, I definetely see why you'd hate him. Lol. Avery is Noel Devine size, but I could still see him doing well. He didn't get many as many carries this year because of Doug Martin, but still had 11 TDs. That's a crazy amount for how few carries he had this year. But you know he can rush, he proved that in '09 with 1000+ yards rushing.

Exactly
nice, good work
Don't see Will Hill going UD
Good draft, and good resonses from the WZ.
Originally posted by niners9:
nice, good work

Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Thank you both. I appreciate it.

Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

I still think Hill could slip into the 6th/7th round. But I've heard a few teams took him off their board completely. There's always a couple people you think will get drafted that end up going undrafted. If Will Hill does go undrafted, I'd hope we go after him.

I'd be very pleased with that draft. I like Ponder a lot in the second round. He's really good. The only issue with him is durability, but he looks like a pro. And I don't really think there's that much difference between Akamanura and Peterson.
nice, good work

I still think Hill could slip into the 6th/7th round. But I've heard a few teams took him off their board completely. There's always a couple people you think will get drafted that end up going undrafted. If Will Hill does go undrafted, I'd hope we go after him.

Will is going to fall far -- Anyone who knows just how immature this kid really is gets it. I can't see him being selected before the end of the 5th. That's the absolute highest pick I'd risk for him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
nice, good work

Will is going to fall far -- Anyone who knows just how immature this kid really is gets it. I can't see him being selected before the end of the 5th. That's the absolute highest pick I'd risk for him.

I agree. I think 5th would be someone reaching for him. He has talent. But like you said, he's immature and doesn't seem to take football to serious. I wouldn't be suprised if he went undrafted at all.
Best mock I have seen so far.
Originally posted by deep2crab:
Best mock I have seen so far.

Thanks. I appreciate it.
Share 49ersWebzone