LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 135 users in the forums

combine thread (watch live)

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The bottom line, is that at number 7, the Niners will be able to draft one of the following players:

DL:
Da'Quan Bowers
Marcel Dareus
Nick Fairley

OLB:
Von Miller
Robert Quinn

CB:
Patrick Peterson

WR:
AJ Green

Or, if one or both of these guys throw lights-out in their Pro-Day
QB:
Blaine Gabbert
Cam Newton

Any of the top 7 players listed above are going to improve the team right away, and this also allows the option for the team to take a long look at the QB's, if they think one or both are franchise QB's.

No Prince in the top 7? Why not?
apparently Julio Jones did this combine with a fractured in his foot that now requires surgery and he will be out for the next 8 weeks
I get the sense that Mallet and Ponder locked up mid to late first round pick and Locker a high 2nd round pick. Gabbert and Newton in the top of the first round seems very likely now as well.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Rich Eisen ran a 6.18 40

That is his best to date now, no ?

Yup

Baller status achieved.

Rich Eisen - -2011 Walk on.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Pretty cool to see 49ers new coaches. One of them is doing the drills right now.

Jim Leavitt was doing some of the LB drills yesterday. Was that Donatell out there today?
I am probably more confused now than before the combine. I am glad I am not in the personnel department for any team. However, with that said we should have an opportunity to grab a real player with the 7th pick. Maybe a couple of teams ahead of us will draft someone that is a reach.
NFLDraftScout.com or CBSSportsLine

Peterson
Fairley
Bowers
Miller
Dareus
Quinn
Green
Amukamara

Gabbert at 9 and Newton at 11 which means they will become top 10, IMO.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Pretty cool to see 49ers new coaches. One of them is doing the drills right now.

Jim Leavitt was doing some of the LB drills yesterday. Was that Donatell out there today?

Yeap.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
The bottom line, is that at number 7, the Niners will be able to draft one of the following players:

DL:
Da'Quan Bowers
Marcel Dareus
Nick Fairley

OLB:
Von Miller
Robert Quinn

CB:
Patrick Peterson

WR:
AJ Green

QB:
Blaine Gabbert
Cam Newton

Any of the top 7 players listed above are going to improve the team right away, and this also allows the option for the team to take a long look at the QB's, if they think one or both are franchise QB's.

At number seven, a corner has to be special. Although Prince turned in a great performance today, I am not sure he is an elite corner in this draft worthy of the 7th overall. He will probably fit in that next group of players, in the 9th-13th spot.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

DL:
Da'Quan Bowers
Marcel Dareus
Nick Fairley

OLB:
Von Miller
Robert Quinn

CB:
Patrick Peterson

WR:
AJ Green

QB:
Blaine Gabbert
Cam Newton

At number seven, a corner has to be special. Although Prince turned in a great performance today, I am not sure he is an elite corner in this draft worthy of the 7th overall. He will probably fit in that next group of players, in the 9th-13th spot.

Dallas

Prince > Joe Haden IMO

Prince is worth a 7th pick. If Peterson goes early I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas traded up to get Prince. Think of it this way, before Peterson exploded on to the scene Prince was the #1 corner without a doubt. The only thing anyone has got on Prince is two bad plays, you can't judge a CB off of two plays. Many scouts say they like Prince more than Peterson, they are both elite talents and worth a 7th.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Prince > Joe Haden IMO

Prince is worth a 7th pick. If Peterson goes early I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas traded up to get Prince. Think of it this way, before Peterson exploded on to the scene Prince was the #1 corner without a doubt. The only thing anyone has got on Prince is two bad plays, you can't judge a CB off of two plays. Many scouts say they like Prince more than Peterson, they are both elite talents and worth a 7th.

Cosigned.
Originally posted by WildBill:
The niners only interviewed 3 players, what do you think it means? Smoke and mirors?

I think they are just covering their bases with the 2 QBs but also a little smoke and mirror.

With peterson-they want to make sure.

Nothing, we will interview almost every draft eligible player by the time the draft rolls around

I def think they will interview every possible pick before the draft. But a small part of me thinks they interviewed those 3 guys at the combine because they already know they wont be drafting them. They do their due diligence and thank them for their time. I'd be more interested in prospects Harbaugh interviews back in his own office.

And my point is I dont think they draft Peterson even if he is there. Personally i love him, but Im guessing OLB, and a 3-time state champion wrestler at that
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Mar 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by WildBill:
The niners only interviewed 3 players, what do you think it means? Smoke and mirors?

I think they are just covering their bases with the 2 QBs but also a little smoke and mirror.

With peterson-they want to make sure.

Nothing, we will interview almost every draft eligible player by the time the draft rolls around

I def think they will interview every possible pick before the draft. But a small part of me thinks they interviewed those 3 guys at the combine because they already know they wont be drafting them. They do their due diligence and thank them for their time. I'd be more interested in prospects Harbaugh interviews back in his own office.

And my point is I dont think they draft Peterson even if he is there. Personally i love him, but Im guessing OLB, and a 3-time state champion wrestler at that

We are only allowed a certain number of interviews....you don't waste them on players you don't want.
I wouldn't be shocked to see Prince go top 7. He's a great corner prospect, better than Haden was, and you never know these days. It only takes one team to really love you.

That said, I'm beginning to lean towards the Peterson side as far as who I'd prefer at 7.
Share 49ersWebzone