LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 228 users in the forums

49ers Post-Senior Bowl Mock

I like your mock, but would still try to find a top guard in the later rounds. Chilo is a bust!
Man....I would be very happy if the draft played out like this for the Niners. I really like the way you addressed many of major needs the team has (other than OG, which I think is a big issue).

Still a bit concerned about Von Miller's lack of bulk (same issue as Manny Lawson), but I think with creative scheming (which the Niners finally have), he could be a big problem for opposing offenses.

Love the fact you took two good cover CBs. Still think the Niners need another good FS though.

Fine work here overall...
Originally posted by mike86:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Mike, who you have the 49ers taken if Ponder not there in the 3nd? Just curious...

It's a close call between Ponder or Dalton. I have to think that one or both will be there in the 3rd.

If not, then I like Enderle is a developmental guy. He's a strong, big-armed kid who seems to have some decent mobility and pocket awareness.

Outside of those 3 guys, I don't get too excited about anyone else. Stanzi, McElroy and Devlin are guys I could see going in the 4th or 5th round area but all have the same weakness - severe lack of arm strength - that limits their potential as starters.

There is very little chance of Dalton being there in the third round. He probably won't even be there when the Niners pick in the second round. Many experts have him going in the middle of the first. Just saying.

[ Edited by nw9erfan on Jan 28, 2011 at 12:03:12 ]
Share 49ersWebzone